Pace bus sightings

Busjack

This sighting was a Pace sighting rather than a CTA one. I spotted 6906 on the 355 this morning. I thought the MCI D4000 models were for operation on the 877 and 888. Ironically enough 6906 is the bus pictured to represent the 6900 series on the Pace photos page of Bill Vanderhoot's Transit fan website.
Nothing weird about that. pace2322 (haven't heard from him lately) has consistently reported that two runs of 355 use them, because of their greater capacity. I have also seen them in this application.

Nothing weird about that. pace2322 (haven't heard from him lately) has consistently reported that two runs of 355 use them, because of their greater capacity. I have also seen them in this application.

Thanks for the explanation. Given that his statements on this were many months ago, I would not remember seeing them if I did actually see them at all.

• 9 months later...

Just got back from Schaumburg. I drove passed a stopped Nabi on the 606 route, right behind it was Nova #2399 on the #757 route. I had a long shot hope the Nova bus wouldve been either another #606 or a #699 bus. So much for wishfull thinking huh! :)

• 1 year later...

Tonight I was at a car wash at Lawrence/Cicero. Here was a weird sighting, I spotted a Pace Orion VI on the #282 Cubs Express to Schaumburg moving along Lawrence ave. going west. A few minutes later Pace #6139 also went west down Lawrence Ave. I was just about done with the car so I followed the Pace bus west on Lawrence it turned up Milwaukee to Northwest Hwy. then Foster ave to the Kennedy Exp. Ramp NW. The Kennedy was not jammed up because we crossed it at Milwaukee ave. at Jeff Pk. Im wondering why they were taking this route. At first I thought maybe they might make a courtesy stop at Jeff Pk but that didnt happen.

Tonight I was at a car wash at Lawrence/Cicero. Here was a weird sighting, I spotted a Pace Orion VI on the #282 Cubs Express to Schaumburg moving along Lawrence ave. going west. A few minutes later Pace #6139 also went west down Lawrence Ave. I was just about done with the car so I followed the Pace bus west on Lawrence it turned up Milwaukee to Northwest Hwy. then Foster ave to the Kennedy Exp. Ramp NW. The Kennedy was not jammed up because we crossed it at Milwaukee ave. at Jeff Pk. Im wondering why they were taking this route. At first I thought maybe they might make a courtesy stop at Jeff Pk but that didnt happen.

Haven't you done a Cubs game w/Colonial? Never go Addison, Maybe Irving Park. And possible construction zones on 90/94. Makes sense to me.

Probably depends on what the dispatcher said was the quickest route from Clark and Addison to the Kennedy. Addison, of course, is impassible and most buses from Wrigley don't use it. One would have thought that they would have used Irving Park.

The Lawrence ave. ramp to the westbound Kennedy is closed due to bridge reconstruction. The route they were taking is the detour.

They didn't use Irving pretty much for the same reason they don't use Addison. It's jam packed after a Cubs game, also because it's a major hassle to get all the way over to the left to take the Kennedy after coming up the ramp at Iriving/Keeler.

• Upvote 1

Probably depends on what the dispatcher said was the quickest route from Clark and Addison to the Kennedy. Addison, of course, is impassible and most buses from Wrigley don't use it. One would have thought that they would have used Irving Park.

No, I never worked a Cubs charter for Colonial, I rarely work charters for them, anyway I paid my dues in all that traffic after a Cubs game when I was an Addison and Irivng Park operator. Im a dedicated Pace guy there! :) Although I did work a Colonial charter last week from McCormick Place to OHare Airport for a group of chefs in town for a convention. We had about ten buses from Colonial to take them to either OHare or Midway. I was assigned one of the older MCIs while everyone else drove the VanHools or Setras, Id rather have an MCI. I was one of the lucky ones who got chosen to transport my group to OHare.

As for tonights sighting, I know they (Pace) do not use Addison as an exit because first, Addison is useless to exit the area after a game anyway, second, Pace buses park along Clark st. north of Addison so they would have to go to Irving Park once they depart. I never thought that Irving Park would be such a challenge for either CTA or Pace buses since its sunday night and its not rush hour. I also never imagined they would go local all the way from Wrigley Field to Foster/Kennedy Expy. Thats alot of traffic lights! In my opinion I think thats a bit of an inconvenience.

No, I never work a Cubs charter for Colonial, I rarely work charters for them, Im a dedicated Pace guy there! :) Although I did work a Colonial charter last week from McCormick Place to OHare Airport for a group of chefs in town for a convention. We had about ten buses from Colonial to take them to either OHare or Midway. I was assigned one of the older MCIs while everyone else drove the VanHools or Setras, Id rather have an MCI. I was one of the lucky ones who got chosen to transport my group to OHare.

Oh yeah, I've done plenty of those. And, Mci...My bus of choice. I prefer DL's over anything else. I used to do plenty of SCrubs games, hauled a team or two. But, I used to take Peterson to Ridge to Clark. or bite it and take Irving.

"Keep an eye out" at Colonial for Macelroy and Zanazaro. :)

I used the bus out of Schaumburg a couple of home stands ago. This is how the route went:

Inbound - Tollway, Kennedy, Irving Park, Ashland, Addison, Clark and park.

Outbound - Clark, Montrose, Western, Lawrence, Kennedy, Tollway, etc.

With the Lawrence ramp closed, the trip to Milwaukee/Foster would make an obvious reroute.

While driving on the Kennedy, I have seen some buses inbound exit at Addison, but I think the route of choice is the route above.

• 2 weeks later...