Another new project?

busfan4022

No, this is a project which will net the CTA $101 million over the next 10 years.

IIRC, seven 42-inch displays will be installed at every rail station in the system. They'll display next-train arrival information and be used to communicate information during a service disruption.

When do we get the screens in the buses like Pace has? Most people hate them, but when you have weather coming in like we do tonight(8-12" of snow), it's a good tool to have on board while running about Chicago.

No, this is a project which will net the CTA $101 million over the next 10 years.

IIRC, seven 42-inch displays will be installed at every rail station in the system. They'll display next-train arrival information and be used to communicate information during a service disruption.

$101 million is not even remotely worth it.

WHAT KIND OF SICK MONSTER MAKES THESE DECISIONS?!

These displays are not costing CTA a penny and will provide valuable customer information. Would you rather CTA not take advantage of this revenue opportunity and keep customers in the dark?

This looks like a win-win situation to me...The Agency collects $101M, we get valuable (and hopefully accurate) information.

if Pace would only have far more accurate weather info.

(Then again, its been months since I've ridden either Pace or Metra since I've moved)

I guess the Red Eye was right when they said that 1 rail station would receive the new Titan signs before the end of the year. Now i'm wondering what 50 buses will receive the new digital signs.

These look cool from what I've seen from a picture on Flickr. Digital CTA Screen

Can they be programmed to display bus tracker info as well for a specific station? I noticed that the ATSS screen at Cumberland by the bus stop can display the ETA for the bus routes that serve the station. This would work well for stations with a lot of bus connections like Midway, Forest Park, Rosemont, Howard, Jefferson Park, 54/Cermak, Harlem/Lake, and 95th. Were the ATSS signs at Midway, O'Hare, Davis, and Cumberland prototypes for these new digital signs?

• 7 months later...

I noticed some new digital tv screens recently, 35th/IIT, Roosevelt/State (First in the Subway), Pulaski/51st, Clark/Lake (Elevated) and Library. However I noticed all the stations since 47th only have screens on the platform and not on in the station house. 47th has one at the entrance with BusTracker messages. was this not in the plans for other stations? Also is there a schedule of when certain stations will be getting the new tv screens?