New PACE Logo!

jesi2282

Yes, that bus you saw was one of Pace's newest order of buses. Pace ordered 60 new NABI buses, arriving this year. The buses have gone to the Pace West Division garage. It seems Pace will not repaint any older buses; rather, Pace will phase in the new color scheme in stages with each new bus order.

To celebrate their 20th anniversary, Pace unveiled a new logo in 2004. The blue logo has already been applied to most, if not all, printed schedules.

6262 to 6267 are at the North Shore garage and have been seen on various North Shore routes (213, 215, 422 and Shuttle Bug). Presumably they replace the 2120s, but a few of them are still around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

North Shore doesn't have any VIs. Sunday service on 215 is from Northwest, and with the restructured schedule, North Shore and Northwest buses are intermixed on 210, 422, and 423, and possibly other North Shore area routes.

I believe that North Shore is closed on Sunday, as are most of Pace's satellite divisions. So any buses you would see on Sunday on the North Shore and Northwest would come out of Northwest divison. The south would be covered by South and Southwest divison. West is also operative on Sundays.

• 1 month later...

I saw 6322 on a North Shore route today, so it appears that Pace did get the 60 buses as indicated in its web announcement. This would indicate that they are not keeping them in fleet order, as NS was previously reported to have 6262-6267 (unless there have been some shifts with West). This may also indicate that it is finally the end of the line for 2122, 2125, and 2128, which I recently saw still in service.

• 8 months later...

All one can say is that 53 are in the West Division (routes 301-325, 330-332, 757) out of about 140 buses, and 7 are in the North Shore Division (213, 215, 422, 423, 426, 626 and Shuttle Bug) out of about 50 buses (not counting ElDorados). Pretty much, they are randomly assigned, but probably less than others (for instance, North Shore doesn't run them on Saturday). Thus, while a blue bus may sometimes be seen on Route 422 run 204 (leaves Linden at 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm), other equipment is also used on that run (today a 2270). Similarly, while 622 usually used Nova Classics, I have seen some blue buses there, and a Nova on 422 or 423. The first blue bus I saw was on Shuttle Bug 5, but during the summer, the Shuttle Bug uses Orions locked within a fenced enclosure at the Metra station (probably resulting in better odds that the blue buses will be on other routes).

My answer would be that it probably would be better to stake out a heavy West route (such as the 303/310 combo on Madison, 309/313 combo on Lake, or 322), but you will probably see some Ikarus, Orion VI, and white NABI buses first.

Does anyone know the exact routes the bus runs on, i only seen the bus twice! I really want to ride,please let me know! (Maybe tell the schedule or days it runs).

What, any bus with the new blue wrap?  I see them frequently at the Cumberland transit center.  This one's on the 331, at 6:42 P.M. on a Tuesday, almost a year ago:

666x500

Here's one on the 322 in Oak Brook Terrace, from August:

666x500

Seems WAY far out! Which L-lines are these buses connected with, it might be worth taking the trip.

[*]305, 307, 309, 313, 318, 757--Harlem Green Line

[*]301, 303, 305, 310, 317, 318, 757--Forest Park Blue Line

[*]304, 322--54th Pink Line

[*]325, 332--Rosemont Blue Line

[*]331--Cumberland Blue Line (this one hits me as a long shot; at best one bus every half hour)

[*]422, 423--Linden Purple Line (definitely a long shot)

[*]626--Dempster Yellow Line

• for schedules; some of these lines run only once an hour or only during rush hour. I like Harlem because there is an Italian fast food restaurant in the River Forest plaza (as well as the amenities of downtown Oak Park).

• 2 months later...

The Pace site has a picture of a Go Go Sox wrap on an Orion VI; probably the Palos Heights bus. There are a lot of blue wraps, including the Bears Shuttle and an Allstate one. Again, a wrap is not paint.

Also, on the wrap front, 6145 doesn't have the patriotic wrap any more.