Routes & Run Numbers

tonytavell

I think he is talking about interlining, which is yes. If he is talking about two different buses with two drivers on the street simultaneously, the answer is no for CTA, since it uses the garage prefix. The answer is yes for Pace, since it doesn't use garage prefixes.

The basic philosophy is that a run is one driver's piece of work for that day (or week, in case of block runs).

I think he is also using two log ons, unless there are two people with the same name (which raises similar philosophical quandries).

• 1 month later...

This would imply that run 603 from Chicago ave is an interline between the two streets.

Not necessarily, an interline would be the same bus with the same operator changing routes during the same portion of the run. It would most likely be that 5-603 is doing Division the first half of his run and Chicago the second half (or vice versa).

And if my memory serves me correctly....5-603 would be a Division run... TH8 and 5555 could verify this.

Not necessarily, an interline would be the same bus with the same operator changing routes during the same portion of the run. It would most likely be that 5-603 is doing Division the first half of his run and Chicago the second half (or vice versa).

And if my memory serves me correctly....5-603 would be a Division run... TH8 and 5555 could verify this.

A run can work several streets in the course of a day. so you can certainly see the same run number on different streets in the course of a day, but not at the same time on two streets. Some North Park runs show up on as many as FOUR routes.