1979 M.A.N. Series

Buslover88

[attachment=81]OK here you go, these really shouldn't be called MANs as the order was placed with AM General (Mr. Web Master pleaswe correct your roster).

Taken at 51st. and Saint Louis, the former ETB loop, don't have the slide handy to confirm date, but its looks new.  My photo.

[attachment=81]OK here you go, these really shouldn't be called MANs as the order was placed with AM General (Mr. Web Master pleaswe correct your roster).

Taken at 51st. and Saint Louis, the former ETB loop, don't have the slide handy to confirm date, but its looks new.  My photo.

!!! Looking at the photo closely, the front says AM General, but the side says M.A.N. Very confusing bus!!! You don't know whether it's a M.A.N or a AM General.

Its a MAN design assembled by AMGeneral, I believe that the actual sale was by AMGeneral as under FTA buy America Rules, as I understand them, a American company is supposed to be the supplier (Note that later MAN set-up an American subsidiary but didn't have one then.) But they did carry MAN model #s and Serial #.

• 2 weeks later...