blue line car 2214 damage and derailment

trey824

once again another vintage budd has sustain damage.the white dodge charger that hit it head on from the expressway produced body damage and also damaged 2214's front truck and trolley shoes.with this impact,2214 derailed partially,i suppose since the series will soon be retired they wont repair or order new truck sets to accomadate 2213-2214 back into service.in addition to rail car damage the third rail appear to have been damaged also.does any one have pictures to post???

once again another vintage budd has sustain damage.the white dodge charger that hit it head on from the expressway produced body damage and also damaged 2214's front truck and trolley shoes.with this impact,2214 derailed partially,i suppose since the series will soon be retired they wont repair or order new truck sets to accomadate 2213-2214 back into service.in addition to rail car damage the third rail appear to have been damaged also.does any one have pictures to post???

No pics, but it was a slow zone between the tunnel and about 5800W this evening. I was sitting on the wrong side to see where the car jumped on the tracks.

On the Pace side, some buses werent getting the passenger loads we normally get at Rosemont station this morning. When they did come, the trains were coming in loaded and late! We did our best to accomodate the passengers. We got the job done! No complaints! :)

No pics, but it was a slow zone between the tunnel and about 5800W this evening. I was sitting on the wrong side to see where the car jumped on the tracks.

The "Breaking News" section of the Chicago Tribune online edition had a picture, but I can't find it now. Those have always been my favorite cars. I still remember my dad taking me to ride the then-new Kennedy Extension from Jefferson Park to Deslpaines Avenue and then to Cicero-Berwyn. I hope they still have them next time I visit Chicago so I can ride one before they are retured for good.

The "Breaking News" section of the Chicago Tribune online edition had a picture, but I can't find it now. Those have always been my favorite cars. I still remember my dad taking me to ride the then-new Kennedy Extension from Jefferson Park to Deslpaines Avenue and then to Cicero-Berwyn. I hope they still have them next time I visit Chicago so I can ride one before they are retured for good.

you better visit before summer is out because these babies are gonna be gone! i love them too but they're over 40 years old and have been worked hard.

you better visit before summer is out because these babies are gonna be gone! i love them too but they're over 40 years old and have been worked hard.

Despite what the Wikipedia vandal says, some of them probably will be around into 2011. Other than the 10 prototypes, scheduled deliveries are not even supposed to start until 2010.

Despite what the Wikipedia vandal says, some of them probably will be around into 2011. Other than the 10 prototypes, scheduled deliveries are not even supposed to start until 2010.

Busjack is correct. Don't expect to see any of those 2200s disappear this year.

CTA has to test the 10 prototypes through at least one winter and summer before they can start accepting the rest of the delivery.

Busjack is correct. Don't expect to see any of those 2200s disappear this year.

CTA has to test the 10 prototypes through at least one winter and summer before they can start accepting the rest of the delivery.

yea your right.its just the cars are leaving so fast and haveing problems.2010-2011 seems too long beyond now to keep them.i think cta will have to speed up orders with bombardier.