Old Bus pics

ibebobo

Joliet and Marquette

Can anyone see the name on the bicentennial bus #40?

It looks like Jacques Marquette of Joliet and Marquette, but that would be about 100 years before the Revolutionary War.

Any much greater magnification pixalates out the detail.

Anyway, the smashed panel under the driver's window is typical.

This is a web site that has a ton of pics from all over the place but this link is for old CTA, Pace, and RTA buses. Permission has been given to share with you all. If this has already been posted, I apologize

http://mnebuspage.fotopic.net/c1119262.html

Can someone tell me about these low numbered buses? Bus 40 looks like a 1000 series or a 7400 series bus. Bus 57 looks like a 9600 series bus. These low numbered series don't appear on any rosters. I assume that they were based at NP and used on Evanston routes.

Can someone tell me about these low numbered buses? Bus 40 looks like a 1000 series or a 7400 series bus. Bus 57 looks like a 9600 series bus. These low numbered series don't appear on any rosters. I assume that they were based at NP and used on Evanston routes.

Yes. That was covered in an earlier topic.

In fact, going back to that topic, the person who wanted pictures of them actually found one, which is the way it usually works.

This is a web site that has a ton of pics from all over the place but this link is for old CTA, Pace, and RTA buses. Permission has been given to share with you all. If this has already been posted, I apologize

http://mnebuspage.fotopic.net/c1119262.html

There are some wonderful pics on this site. I love looking back at the old Flxs and new look GMs (100-400 series). If anybody has any, I would like to see more of the 1000 and 7400 series buses after they first came in (ie. with the sealed windows and numbers under the windshield) as well as the old 8500 series Flxs. I have seen very few of these pics posted. Thanx.

There are some wonderful pics on this site. I love looking back at the old Flxs and new look GMs (100-400 series). If anybody has any, I would like to see more of the 1000 and 7400 series buses after they first came in (ie. with the sealed windows and numbers under the windshield) as well as the old 8500 series Flxs. I have seen very few of these pics posted. Thanx.

Here is another web site posted with permission. As you scroll through, stop at #1219 and you will see the original numbers under the windshield. There is also a pic of #0 which was brought up in the previous thread posted.

There is a little something for everyone here:

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z30/melbernero/Illinois/chicago%20transit%20authority/

• Upvote 1

I'll use telekenetics to beam a few from my head. But you already probably have the results of that.:lol:

This does bring up that most of the pictures of 3500 series buses must be from the late 70s, as they have the moved number and the Helvetica signs.

Also, I wonder why 318 had to be Kosher for Passover. I really doubt that CTA cleaned out all the chometz (bread crumbs).