February System Pick

New Flyer

Looking at the 145 and 148 on the Tracker, most of the runs are Kedzie runs at this hour if I'm guessing correct that the two 1340s (1347 and 1348) on 148 are Kedzie assigned. Most of the 94 runs today appear to be Chicago when it was the other way around yesterday with 74th doing most of the runs. 156 is mostly Kedzie with two NP buses showing at the moment. 1658 NB is the one Kedzie run on the 1. 77th again only has a few runs on the 62, only two to be exact with buses 1249 and 1252. 74th has one run on there with bus 1580 and the rest are Kedzie. Looks like all the runs but four on the 8 are Kedzie. The four, two Novas and two 1000s are 74th. From looking at those few routes that are Kedzie run, Kedzie picked up NFs in the 1340s through 1360s.

I believe Kedzie also received some buses from 77th; I rode #1249 from downtown back home earlier this evening after school and it had a Kedzie run, though the '7' decal was still on the windshield.

I believe Kedzie also received some buses from 77th; I rode #1249 from downtown back home earlier this evening after school and it had a Kedzie run, though the '7' decal was still on the windshield.

Then 1249 and 1252 apparently would both be Kedzie and only 74th had a run on 62 outside the Kedzie ones.

It wasn't out of the ordinary to see this at times before the 38 was merged in with the 157 in September. I think this might be the first time though they used a 4000 on the 157 after the 157 became Streeterville/Taylor.

I catch the 157 every day to UIC and monitor the route on Bustracker of and on all day. This is definitely the first time a 4000 has been used since the merger of 38 and 157. I caught 4008 on a rush hour journey this afternoon back to the Metra stations- it was packed!

I catch the 157 every day to UIC and monitor the route on Bustracker of and on all day. This is definitely the first time a 4000 has been used since the merger of 38 and 157. I caught 4008 on a rush hour journey this afternoon back to the Metra stations- it was packed!

Now I know why that route runs during all daytime hours on weekdays, not just during rush hours...

Also before the merge with 38, the 38 was expanded to include weekday middays.

Yep. 157 - even before the merge with 38 - has always run on weekday middays for as long as I can remember.

And back in the 80s, the Taylor Street portion of the route was part of route 37 Sedgwick/Ogden. At the time, it ran middays as well as rush hours on weekdays. Later, in 1997, service on the route was reduced to just rush hours - and more recently, the Sedgwick portion of the route was merged into route 11 (becoming Lincoln/Sedgwick; however, only the Lincoln Avenue portion of that route runs on weekends) while the Taylor/Ogden portion of the route was made separate (the aforementioned 38). In 2008, during the expansion of route 38 from rush-period-only to all day on weekdays, the portion of the route west of California Avenue was discontinued.

I can give some approximate run number ranges from observing Kedzie runs this week. Some of the routes that remained at Kedzie retained some of the blocks they had after the 3/23/08. 12 still uses K600s, 52 K000s, 8 K800s, 82 K500s. The Kedzie 62 runs use numbers in the lower 400s from what I see. 21 uses K700s. Some of the 7 runs use lower K300s. I noticed that some of the 151 Kedzie runs reverted back to lower K900s as they had before 3/23/08. Also I noticed the 60 also uses K400s, presumably a block higher than those for the 62. I think 14 and 147 kept their run blocks for their respective garages. 9 for sure is still using numbers in the 300s for its runs.

I can give some approximate run number ranges from observing Kedzie runs this week. Some of the routes that remained at Kedzie retained some of the blocks they had after the 3/23/08. 12 still uses K600s, 52 K000s, 8 K800s, 82 K500s. The Kedzie 62 runs use numbers in the lower 400s from what I see. 21 uses K700s. Some of the 7 runs use lower K300s. I noticed that some of the 151 Kedzie runs reverted back to lower K900s as they had before 3/23/08. Also I noticed the 60 also uses K400s, presumably a block higher than those for the 62. I think 14 and 147 kept their run blocks for their respective garages. 9 for sure is still using numbers in the 300s for its runs.

From what I saw today of routes out of FG, I noticed the 152's are using runs in the 300's (used to be 800's mostly) and 80's are using runs in the 800's (they used be in the 600's if I remember correctly). I haven't paid that much attention to any of the other routes yet.

It appears that now that the 7 and 126 end close to the same time on weekdays they now operate on an interline too. The 7 arrives at Michigan/Congress and then leaves westbound as a 126 and vice versa with the 126 when it arrives at the same spot. It becomes a 7 westbound.

• 10 months later...

True. The only reason for the Howard trips on 151 was the fact that 147 didn't have late evening service on Sundays. So if the 147 is being scaled back Monday-Saturday why still have the 151 Howard trips on Sunday.

Currently, only a handful of Sunday evening 151s now run southbound from Howard to Union Station. After that, they revert back to Devon/Clark. The service to almost 1:00am from Howard has been eliminated.

Northbound now is no different as well.