CTA Diesel Buses with and without Filters

sw4400

• CTA said that the filters on the NABIs were plugged. This doesn't demonstrate that.
  • They should be trailing a Pace bus. Again, the NABI bus in the video doesn't show much of any elevated levels on startup. I have yet to seen a Pace bus (and this includes 2600s, although I understand that the 2600s are not 2007 compliant, while those including 2703 and after are) that didn't emit a big streak of black smoke on startup, including some 6000s with a black soot stain over the back fleet number.

• CTA said that the filters on the NABIs were plugged. This doesn't demonstrate that.
  • They should be trailing a Pace bus. Again, the NABI bus in the video doesn't show much of any elevated levels on startup. I have yet to seen a Pace bus (and this includes 2600s, although I understand that the 2600s are not 2007 compliant, while those including 2703 and after are) that didn't emit a big streak of black smoke on startup, including some 6000s with a black soot stain over the back fleet number.

They should trail the 6600 Nabis when the a/c is running. Youll see some serious black smoke! It emits lots of smoke. Ive had drivers pull up alongside me in the past to tell me my bus is smoking too much.

• 5 months later...