More CTA-Pace noncooperation

Busjack

I happened to see in the news item list for CTA Service is Convenient Travel Option to Events Throughout Chicagoland This Weekend that it listed a Jimmy Buffett concert at Toyota Park. Suspecting the obvious, the announcement says:

Fans attending the concert can take CTA's Orange Line to Midway and connect to Toyota Park Express buses. The Toyota Park buses are not operated by CTA. A transfer fee is charged for customers transferring from Orange Line trains or CTA buses. Others pay a $1.25 fare.

Is there now some code of political correctness that Pace can't be mentioned at CTA? To top it off, the fare is $1.75, according to Pace.

I happened to see in the news item list for CTA Service is Convenient Travel Option to Events Throughout Chicagoland This Weekend that it listed a Jimmy Buffett concert at Toyota Park. Suspecting the obvious, the announcement says:

Is there now some code of political correctness that Pace can't be mentioned at CTA? To top it off, the fare is $1.75, according to Pace.

What type of Pace bus is route 386?

The CTA map shows it passing Toyota Park and connecting to the Orange Line.

What type of Pace bus is route 386?

The CTA map shows it passing Toyota Park and connecting to the Orange Line.

Basically, Pace is talking about two things:

1. The regular route, 386-South Harlem, which runs from Midway Station via Harlem to Tinley Park.

2. The Toyota Park Express, which, following the link in my first post, is considered part of the Express Service to Popular Destinations. According to that page, that is now technically Route 387. That seems to be a similar situation to Allstate Arena service previously being considered part of Route 221, but now is denoted as Route 222.

Of course, there is still the question of the diction used by CTA.

Based on the release, I didn't know there was a 15 Jeffery EXPRESS too. And I always thought this was a local route.

I thought first that the reference was to the Fox News clip, but Fox News never makes a mistake. :lol:

In fact, the CTA release is inconsistent in that it first says that "CTA will provide supplementary service on the following bus routes to accommodate anticipated crowds: ... #15 Jeffery Express" but later states, "Due to street closures, buses along the ... #15 Jeffery Local...."

Of course, neither said that the Toyota Park Express is provided by MV Transportation.* After, that's "another carrier." :P

Of course, art is correct that the 14 Express wouldn't provide supplemental service or be affected, unless one rides downtown, and then down the Green Line to get to the parade, which no one sane would do.

*Being sarcastic, of course.