Last Flxibles

trainman8119

With all the hoopla when trolley buses were retired (ie. last bus/route/etc) in 1973, given the long history of Flxible Buses on Chicago streets (nearly 2000 over time and 50+ years), does anyone know which Flxible bus was actually the last one to operate in Chicago and on which route was it run ? I feel with the history of this manufacturer that it should rank in historical importance with the trolley's.

If you are including the Metros, that is going to be hard to determine, since they put about 200 into Archer Barn at the same time on Feb 7. 2010, and, of course, there are the postings that some at 103 are still not technically dead.

The only thing I know about that got big hoopla was the last streetcar (before my time), but since there was only one street with tracks left, that wouldn't have been hard to determine.

If you are including the Metros, that is going to be hard to determine, since they put about 200 into Archer Barn at the same time on Feb 7. 2010, and, of course, there are the postings that some at 103 are still not technically dead.

The only thing I know about that got big hoopla was the last streetcar (before my time), but since there was only one street with tracks left, that wouldn't have been hard to determine.

There are 6 6000's at 103rd. All are DOA, and apparently have never run since 2/7/10. There are also 26 NABI Artics at 103rd, all DOA since 2/09