Cubs and Sox announcements

csl3407

picked up from CTA Rail board

Starting last weekend now the #152 has just about the same message delivered from Mike Quade the Cubs manager. It's timed to go off with the announcement for the blue line stop on the Clever devices announcement. So if you want to hear it get on at the stop before the station. I wonder if there's a Blackhawks statement on the #20. Someone needs to record "This is Joel Quenneville, Welcome to the second round of the playoffs" (maybe):P

I saw this video about the Quade and Guillen announcements on the CTA buses.

I see there was Ozzie on the video. However, based on last night, I'm surprised that it wasn't something like "take this bus and see Rios play like BLEEP or see Dunn BLEEPING strike out."

Also, it may be cheap to put them on buses, but, as Quade points out, the riders are already on them, and in the case of 154, can only go to Wrigley Field to see Len and Bob eat hot wings.

If I posted this before please ignore it. :lol:

I have heard Ozzie announcements on route 24 Wentworth and 35 35th which both pass

U.S. Cellular Field. Does anyone think CTA will seek additional revenue by selling

announcements(ie, mentions of their stores etc)to merchants with locations near a transit stop?

If I posted this before please ignore it. :lol:

I have heard Ozzie announcements on route 24 Wentworth and 35 35th which both pass

U.S. Cellular Field. Does anyone think CTA will seek additional revenue by selling

announcements(ie, mentions of their stores etc)to merchants with locations near a transit stop?

Well, since Pace is already doing it, and CTA needs the money, sure.

Of course, then you need earphones to blot out all the auditory pollution, but then you will end up in the CTA Tattler for having your iPod lifted.

The Tattler also says that the Train Tracker screens are mostly ads, rarely next train times.

This also reminds me of the time (mid 70s) when certain 69 and 77 buses had an exclusive for Muhammad Speaks Industries advertising cards (whiting fish store in Chinatown, some grocery at 79th and Cottage, etc.).

The Tattler also says that the Train Tracker screens are mostly ads, rarely next train times.

Actually, the signs at Belmont Red line are better than the Titan signs. I used it myself to navigate around yesterday's wrigley crowd via Purple line and it was pretty accurate. You have to wonder if the Titan signs benefit Titan more than the CTA. There's still a few glitches here and there. A few weeks ago Logan Square's signs were displaying when the Green line was going to get to the Oak Park Station. Since then it has been fixed. As far as the Cubs announcements they recently added another announcement about the #154 at Leavitt, so Quade announces at Western and Leavitt for the #154, Harlem and blue Line for the #152.