Fed Money for O'Hare Blue Line Slow Zones?

Vinny

Hilkevitch had this today:

http://www.chicagotr...,0,175854.story

What 3.6 mile slow zone between Damen and Belmont are they talking about, and why isn't it on the "Slow Zone Map"?

The old elevated portion is a mess, and as far as I know has been about 6 mph for the past 15 or so years.

The map does indicate one slow zone between Logan Square and California, which is the one to which I referred. How that could be 25mph, unless it got some interim work, is beyond me.

The description also includes the subway from Belmont through Logan Square; does it need work similar to what the Dearborn subway got?

The old elevated portion is a mess, and as far as I know has been about 6 mph for the past 15 or so years.

The map does indicate one slow zone between Logan Square and California, which is the one to which I referred. How that could be 25mph, unless it got some interim work, is beyond me.

The description also includes the subway from Belmont through Logan Square; does it need work similar to what the Dearborn subway got?

The elevated portion is actually not that bad. About a year ago it was pretty slow from Rockwell to the Logan Square portal. That since has been repaired and speeds are the fastest I've seen them at the portal. So when I saw that story I was also saying what slow zone? Speaking of the blue line, there appears to be some work going on at Chicago and Grand (maybe renew crews) They've been stripping the paint off the platform poles. Those are actually some stops that could use a renewal.

The elevated portion is actually not that bad. About a year ago it was pretty slow from Rockwell to the Logan Square portal. That since has been repaired and speeds are the fastest I've seen them at the portal. So when I saw that story I was also saying what slow zone? Speaking of the blue line, there appears to be some work going on at Chicago and Grand (maybe renew crews) They've been stripping the paint off the platform poles. Those are actually some stops that could use a renewal.

Through the portal, yes, it's faster.

Leaving (NW) or Arriving (Loop) at California can be painfully slow. T/O's would get off the trains (and subsequently adds time to the rush hour commute). I think that's the main part that needs the attention.