CTA 2012 Historic calendar ?

Amtrak41

It ain't on the website. I guess I should leave it to insiders to find out what happened, but don't they need a way to track group days off?

In any event, we all know that CTA history started on April 19, 2011, when Mayor Rahm Emanuel named Forrest Claypool chief incompetent at the CTA. The Tattler documents that date. Don't need a calendar to know that. Just look at any mayoral press release. :(:D

The only historic thing about this calendar is that it probably ends on Dec 21, 2012(if you believe in the end of the Mayan Calendar being the end of the world) :blink:

Since all we are getting is silliness..

Technically, that would be prospective, not historic. Also, if it were true, there would be no way of verifying it (sort of like the guy who predicted three times in the last year that the world was going to end) so it definitely would not be historic.

Now, if all the Novas on quantum physics had any light (in discrete quanta) to shed on this subject...:lol:

The 2012 Historic Calendar is now on-line.

There seem to be more photos from the '20 and '30s than there have been on past calendars. They're very nice!

Actually, at least the first part is mostly late 1940s. The reference to Crawford Ave. seems correct, as Streetwise Chicago indicates that it didn't become Pulaski until 1952. Also, a fairly complete explanation of why Sears isn't in the 1920s picture of 63rd and Halsted and isn't there now.

I doubt that very many of us would consider the March picture of 2400s historic, although the explanation that it is basically depicting what used to be the Clark & Lake station might be.

Actually, at least the first part is mostly late 1940s. The reference to Crawford Ave. seems correct, as Streetwise Chicago indicates that it didn't become Pulaski until 1952. Also, a fairly complete explanation of why Sears isn't in the 1920s picture of 63rd and Halsted and isn't there now.

I doubt that very many of us would consider the March picture of 2400s historic, although the explanation that it is basically depicting what used to be the Clark & Lake station might be.

They had 2200's in the 2011 calendar, so I guess the 2400's for equal time expecting either one to be gone soon (up to 2 weeks ago).