Lamers "Time Travelers" bus

Riding a Boy Scout charter bus from Northrbook Court as far as Huntington, WV, a few weeks ago, one of the buses Lamers sent had a wrap advertising themselves as "The Time Travelers", with a cartoon bus that looks like it is on Mars.

I was able to find a picture of it via Google:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveling-around/5571970709/

Google has turned up nothing to the effect of what they mean by Time Travelers. Seems like an interesting wrap, thinking there's a good story behind it too.

After all, the driver of our bus told us they cap the speeds at 73MPH, 15 MPH slower than what makes time travel possible, at least according to Doc Brown and Marty McFly! :lol:

Riding a Boy Scout charter bus from Northrbook Court as far as Huntington, WV, a few weeks ago, one of the buses Lamers sent had a wrap advertising themselves as "The Time Travelers", with a cartoon bus that looks like it is on Mars....

After all, the driver of our bus told us they cap the speeds at 73MPH, 15 MPH slower than what makes time travel possible, at least according to Doc Brown and Marty McFly! :lol:

I don't know about Lamers, but I believe that Doc Brown also needed a DeLorean and a trolley pole connected to a high voltage source, the latter of which this bus lacks.

Maybe they should consult Mr. Peabody and Sherman. :D

• Upvote 1

I don't know about Lamers, but I believe that Doc Brown also needed a DeLorean and a trolley pole connected to a high voltage source, the latter of which this bus lacks.

Maybe they should consult Mr. Peabody and Sherman. :D

Well, that pole was required because the DeLorean had no plutonium to power the Flux Capacitor. That was used to harness the lightning bolt at the Hill Valley Clock Tower to allow Marty to return to 1985. In BTTF Part II, the plutonium-powered Flux Capacitor was replaced with a Mr. Fusion unit installed in the year 2015 along with a hover conversion unit allowing the DeLorean to fly. Then a freak lightning strike sent Doc back to 1885 and destroyed the flying circuits. Marty went to save him, but the DeLorean was crippled by a leaky gas line which forced them to ride the rails to get back to 1985 again where the DeLorean was destroyed as a commuter train smashed it into hundreds of pieces.

Great Scott!!! Have I gone off topic or what?!? Look at me detailing BTTF I, II and III in a nutshell. :blink::)

Apart from it being a freight train that smashed the De Lorean, pretty spot on.

I was joking about that bus being false advertising, as they are capped at 73, and "everyone knows you got to get up to 88 for time travel". Just wondered what the wrap did mean though. The driver of ours didn't seem to know, other than it gets a lot of comments.

That would make sense, as the bus we were on was a Prevost, though the "Time Traveler" bus was a different bus from the one I was on. We had six buses traveling together. But I believe the time travel bus was indeed an H3-45, as our bus was, and our bus unit was 665, which is close to the 655 bus that is in the picture I posted, and that is also the unit number of the one I physically saw.

The Pace North general manager is a Scoutmaster and on the same bus as me, so I told him that we needed a fourth digit in our bus unit number (North Division is all 6600 and 6200 series now). Plus a joke to my dad about being "one digit off" (666).