CTA Route #77 Belmont

pudgym29

Actually, no he's not talking about buses using the bank parking lot. He's talking about motorists using it should parking be banned on Octavia to make room for 60ft buses to make the turn into the turnaround.

My goof on that one. In that case there still shouldn't be a need for cars to cheat and risk a tow if the extra room needed is two car lengths.

• 1 year later...

Friday evening PM rush.

Is BustRacker intended to avoid or prescribe relief for this situation? :unsure:

Someone told WTTW several years ago that the highly secret Control Center (at 120 N. Racine) would take care of that, but apparently that was a joke on WTTW.

Since you have the readout, you have to decide whether there are ghost buses not reflected, or go inside and have a coffee or other hot libation. At the moment, the map shows a lot of bus bunching WB, which I suppose is the reason nothing is going eastbound.

One thing I kept forgetting to query until today:

Has route #77 Belmont had its east terminus returned to the Notebaert Nature Museum @ Fullerton & Cannon? Every day since the fall schedule began, eastbound buses on Belmont have shown this. (Route #76 Diversey is supposedly the route now extended east of Sheridan Rd.) BustRacker & each bus stop sign still display Lake Shore & Diversey as the east terminus.

Has route #77 Belmont had its east terminus returned to the Notebaert Nature Museum @ Fullerton & Cannon? Every day since the fall schedule began, eastbound buses on Belmont have shown this. (Route #76 Diversey is supposedly the route now extended east of Sheridan Rd.) BustRacker & each bus stop sign still display Lake Shore & Diversey as the east terminus.

I would assume that the only official source is the Aug. 31 schedule, which says Lake Shore-Diversey. Unless someone rides the bus to the end and reports differently, I would assume some programming error, probably in the Clever Device, but maybe in the TwinVision ODK.

I would assume that the only official source is the Aug. 31 schedule, which says Lake Shore-Diversey. Unless someone rides the bus to the end and reports differently, I would assume some programming error, probably in the Clever Device, but maybe in the TwinVision ODK.

Right. As far as BusTracker is concerned, Lake Shore/Diversey is still the east terminus for the 77 and the Nature Museum is the east terminus of the 76. So as Busjack suggests, it must be some programming error.

The announcement is for Diversey and lake Shore, sign shows Nature Museum. Wrong sign code programmed in when the current schedules were programmed.

That pretty much reflected Irving Park's buses also: 5 in a row westbound (and since none was going east, I took Metra instead)

And you think this is unusual? Almost every day occurrence. There is just too much congestion on Belmont. Every day you have huge gaps, and the ones in the morning rush are just as bad if not worse. You can't move when the street is a solid line of cars as far as the eye can see.

And you think this is unusual? Almost every day occurrence. There is just too much congestion on Belmont. Every day you have huge gaps, and the ones in the morning rush are just as bad if not worse. You can't move when the street is a solid line of cars as far as the eye can see.

Of course not. Also didn't help when I made the post it was soviet cold and raining either (on a Friday) where there was construction east of the Blue Line.

There should be no expectation of on-time service here when there's precipitation.