L Station Quiz

Hi, I'm new to the board and thought people might be interested in this Chicago L station quiz I created on the quiz site Sporcle (http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo-choo). I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you have any corrections, suggestions, questions, etc. Thanks!

EDIT May 2015: I've made another quiz where you try to name all CTA stations by any three characters in their name: http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo_choo_by_threes 

Edited by blarger
  • Upvote 3

Hi, I'm new to the board and thought people might be interested in this Chicago L station quiz I created on the quiz site Sporcle (http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo-choo). I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you have any corrections, suggestions, questions, etc. Thanks!

After trying it, I wasn't sure of the point of the game.

Having followed the instructions to click green, I thought the map would highlight the station and I was supposed to guess it. However, the way it works is that if you put in a name, it puts the name on the map. At least it was accurate that there are 4 Pulaski stations. It provided 2 stations for 35th, although they have different names (35-Sox and 35-IIT-Bronzeville).

Thanks for trying it out!

Busjack, there is a way to set up the quiz as you initially thought, but I thought for most people, that would be too hard, so I just set it up so people can guess the station names. The station naming is also a dilemma, since many people don't know the official names of the stations, so shortcuts (e.g., 35th) are accepted.

joerailfan2015, you even got the new Cermak-McCormick Place station, good job! I wasn't sure whether to put it in, but I figured why not...

Thanks for trying it out!

Busjack, there is a way to set up the quiz as you initially thought, but I thought for most people, that would be too hard, so I just set it up so people can guess the station names. ..

I figured that there was Google Transit if someone really wanted to do that (i.e. find the Addison station). If the task is like joerailfan says, obviously the way to beat the clock is to start with streets that have multiple stations (such as Pulaski or Western). You get only one point and have to type a lot to get Jefferson Park.

• 1 year later...

Got 123/142...

Hidden Content

Can't believe I forgot Kimball...that's where I do all my testing in Train Simulator >_< I had typed in HWL State/VanBuren but then restarted and forgot to type it again.

Thanks for playing - great score! I made that map quiz last year, and I should update it to remove the Madison/Wabash station.

​What do you mean? It's up near Davis where it should be, along the purple line.

It looks like Foster is Red, but it should be Purple.

​@See Tea Eh - you're absolutely right, I made Foster the wrong color - it's fixed now.

@briman94 - maybe I should've made a new thread, but there's two quizzes, and See Tea Eh was referring to the "any three quiz":

1) CTA station map quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo-choo

2) CTA stations by any three http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo_choo_by_threes 

• Upvote 2

After a couple tries, I managed to get a perfect score of 145.  I took it once this morning, just to see how I'd do, got 139/144 (a few points better than last night).  Looking at the full details, I saw that it was showing a top possible score of 145, and also noticed that there was a station that had 0% of people answering it.  So, I'm guessing you just added it as I was taking the test.

• Upvote 1

After a couple tries, I managed to get a perfect score of 145.  I took it once this morning, just to see how I'd do, got 139/144 (a few points better than last night).  Looking at the full details, I saw that it was showing a top possible score of 145, and also noticed that there was a station that had 0% of people answering it.  So, I'm guessing you just added it as I was taking the test.

​Yep, I made some revisions to both quizzes this morning to delete the Madison/Wabash station and add the Washington/Wabash station coming next year (I figured people might guess parts of "Washington" or "Wabash" anyway for other stations, so the new station would pop up anyway).

​@See Tea Eh - you're absolutely right, I made Foster the wrong color - it's fixed now.

@briman94 - maybe I should've made a new thread, but there's two quizzes, and See Tea Eh was referring to the "any three quiz":

1) CTA station map quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo-choo

2) CTA stations by any three http://www.sporcle.com/games/blarger/choo_choo_by_threes 

​Ah, I didn't see the second one. My bad!

D'oh! Got 140/145, missed Ridgeland, Laramie, Division, Logan Square and Cermak McCormick place. It wasn't until I read the topic that I realized the new Cermak station was open. Seeing as I put in Cermak and got the red line station, it should be the same for the new one, not to mention the 35th stations and Halsted stations. Good job!

EDIT: On the 2nd quiz, missed Damen (3), Logan Sq (again!), and Thorndale. The 35th thing should be changed to include all of them, since i missed Sox-35th and 35th-Bronz-IIT, but still got 35th/Archer

Edited by NewFlyerMCI

D'oh! Got 140/145, missed Ridgeland, Laramie, Division, Logan Square and Cermak McCormick place. It wasn't until I read the topic that I realized the new Cermak station was open. Seeing as I put in Cermak and got the red line station, it should be the same for the new one, not to mention the 35th stations and Halsted stations. Good job!

EDIT: On the 2nd quiz, missed Damen (3), Logan Sq (again!), and Thorndale. The 35th thing should be changed to include all of them, since i missed Sox-35th and 35th-Bronz-IIT, but still got 35th/Archer

​Thanks for playing and for the suggestions! For the first quiz, I fixed the Cermak, 35th, and Halsted stations so that they should all pop up now.  For the second quiz, all the 35th stations should pop up if "35t" is entered, for example, since it's just looking for any three characters of the stations' names.  If "Arc" is entered, then only 35th/Archer would pop up, for example.