Worldwide Transit Memorabilia/Items

Hey guys, I recently bought a squishy stress train from the LA Metro store, which inspired me to create this thread about items you can buy from transit agencies, or any transit related item you own. If anyone has interesting things from public transit stores, or any item related to transit, here is the thread to share them. :)

post-0-0-97236500-1424200825_thumb.png

WMATA Shower curtain! And umbrella! And cup! And plate!

If you've ever been to headquarters (CTA) they have a vending machine for various CTA paraphernalia. Although the last time I went, it was June, so it might be gone by now, but it shouldn't be

There is the ctagifts site.

I still think Novabus should offer its scale model in CTA livery.

I should have purchased the 1400s New Look model that used to be in railroad hobby shops. I see that someone is selling a Bicentennial bus on ebay.

...I still think Novabus should offer its scale model in CTA livery...

Agreed. However the model has two small headlights on each side as opposed to the one big one on the 7900s.

WMATA Shower curtain! And umbrella! And cup! And plate!

If you've ever been to headquarters (CTA) they have a vending machine for various CTA paraphernalia. Although the last time I went, it was June, so it might be gone by now, but it shouldn't be

Nice collection!

Hopefully if I ever get a job interview with CTA I'll see if the vending machine is still there. One can dream!

I should have purchased the 1400s New Look model that used to be in railroad hobby shops. I see that someone is selling a Bicentennial bus on ebay.

Keep looking for that 1400 series bus. They pop up from time to time. I bought mine a couple of years ago after I was outbid on several models. I also found a model of 301 and bought it.

Keep looking for that 1400 series bus. They pop up from time to time. I bought mine a couple of years ago after I was outbid on several models. I also found a model of 301 and bought it.

The search shows some 301 on sale, although I doubt that the 66 Chicago headsign is authentic to the actual bus (it being at FG in the latter years).

Also interesting is that the search on Google Images came up with a Beverly garage roll sign, although the link to the page didn't work. Also, the 8A 95/Ryan Station reading indicates that 108 wasn't yet around.

Not to mention that 301 probably didnt have the emergency side door window that opened

I'm assuming that Corgi paints something on their normal model, which would explain the existence of the exit door, but not the 66 Chicago sign.

On the other hand, 72 North Cicero was credible on the 1400.

CTA5750 would probably be interested in seeing that there's a link for a scale model Chicago Fire Department Fishbowl when viewing the Bicentennial bus.

CTA5750 would probably be interested in seeing that there's a link for a scale model Chicago Fire Department Fishbowl when viewing the Bicentennial bus.

Link

Also picking up on ibebo's point, the Bicentennial bus appears to have windows in the bottom of the back door, while CTA buses didn't.

The search shows some 301 on sale, although I doubt that the 66 Chicago headsign is authentic to the actual bus (it being at FG in the latter years).

Also interesting is that the search on Google Images came up with a Beverly garage roll sign, although the link to the page didn't work. Also, the 8A 95/Ryan Station reading indicates that 108 wasn't yet around.

Nor is the font correct. However, I think I paid around $60 for it, so I wasn't as worried about the headsign as I would have been had I paid $250 for it.

I have that bus. Im just not happy with the rear tailgate they put on it. Not a CTA 5307 tailgate. But overall Im still happy with the bus. Maybe I can have it modified later. :)

Link

Also picking up on ibebo's point, the Bicentennial bus appears to have windows in the bottom of the back door, while CTA buses didn't.

That middle square window on the left of the bus is also incorrect. I don't think any CTA Fishbowls had that. They definitely didn't have them at the time of the Bicentennial livery. It was all one glass panel for that window. As a matter of fact all the side side passenger windows were still of one panel on the Fishbowls at that time. They didn't have that style of window until the 1980s around the time the Americanas were still new and being delivered by which time the air conditioners on them had long sputtered out.

That middle square window on the left of the bus is also incorrect. I don't think any CTA Fishbowls had that. They definitely didn't have them at the time of the Bicentennial livery. It was all one glass panel for that window. As a matter of fact all the side side passenger windows were still of one panel on the Fishbowls at that time. They didn't have that style of window until the 1980s around the time the Americanas were still new and being delivered by which time the air conditioners on them had long sputtered out.

In that there is a divider for the slider on the square window, I don't think CTA ever had that. The other windows could be more easily swapped because they were hinged escape windows, and whether fixed or sliding still had frames.