Pace Fall 2016 changes

Busjack

Passenger notices for some incremental changes, effective Aug. 14 or 15:

• 208: More Saturday morning trips into Oakton Community College
  • 240 School trips from the north to Maine East stay on Dee Rd. I guess they can squeeze through Kennedy Dr. and into the parking lot.
  • 241 Loses a school trip to Maine South (home of the Fighting Hillaries)
  • 250 Better weekday frequency
  • 290 Weekday midday improved frequency west of Lincolnwood Town Center
  • 381 Posted stops only
  • 395 (same)
  • 533 Loses one school trip
  • 540 School trips combined
  • 722 Most Sat. trips 20 minutes earlier for better connections, last 2 trips begin 10 minutes later
  • South Holland P&R closes (mentioned earlier)

2 hours ago, west towns said:

Wonder what improved frequencies mean on 250 and 290?   They are 30 min now midday

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Read the passenger notices. They indicate 20.

Increased frequency = more service. 

The goal is a more frequent "core" network. Don't read too much past that. 

On 8/1/2016 at 10:30 PM, MetroShadow said:

Increased frequency = more service. 

The goal is a more frequent "core" network. Don't read too much past that. 

I suppose it makes a difference if  you are expecting the bus at the corner of Dempster and Olcott at 1:17 p.m. and it doesn't show up until 1:27.

Another interesting thing is that while departures from Evanston are every 20 minutes, the new schedule indicates that starting with the 2:40 departure, the bus loses time, resulting in a 28 minute interval between O'Hare arrivals.Must be reduced recovery time, as O'Hare departures stay at :X8,I guess they have to take traffic into account. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Busjack said:

722 Most Sat. trips 20 minutes earlier for better connections, last 2 trips begin 10 minutes later

Looks like this is done for better connections with 322, specifically. That seems to support the theory of why the number 722 was chosen. The connections with 313 don't seem to get any better.

There is also a notice for 834 that the routing into Yorktown will change to the routing that 722 uses.

11 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

There is also a notice for 834 that the routing into Yorktown will change to the routing that 722 uses.

But the strange this on that one is that is effective on a Tuesday, and attributes it to the end of construction.

I guess the change you are noting is that a prior notice said that the route before the detour entered Yorktown off Butterfield instead of Highland.

32 minutes ago, Busjack said:

But the strange this on that one is that is effective on a Tuesday, and attributes it to the end of construction.

I guess the change you are noting is that a prior notice said that the route before the detour entered Yorktown off Butterfield instead of Highland.

When the schedule for 722 was posted, I wondered why it had a different routing at Yorktown than 834 despite both coming from the south on Highland. Now they are the same. The new routing makes more sense anyway, to serve a few additional stops whereas there are none on Butterfield.

834 has a separate notice that a timepoint in Lockport is being moved, but not mentioned in either notice is the addition of trip variant notations. Trips that do not serve Lewis University are now called L trips instead of A trips, and the 63rd St trips are called H trips. Whoever made the schedule seems to have forgotten the H notation on one southbound trip (12:16 PM) and all Saturday trips.

11 hours ago, Busjack said:

I suppose it makes a difference if  you are expecting the bus at the corner of Dempster and Olcott at 1:17 p.m. and it doesn't show up until 1:27.

Another interesting thing is that while departures from Evanston are every 20 minutes, the new schedule indicates that starting with the 2:40 departure, the bus loses time, resulting in a 28 minute interval between O'Hare arrivals.Must be reduced recovery time, as O'Hare departures stay at :X8,I guess they have to take traffic into account. 

Nailed it. If it's brutal on the west end (still), it makes for adjusting those times necessary (and screws up scheduling/recovery/interlining).

17 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

Nailed it. If it's brutal on the west end (still), it makes for adjusting those times necessary (and screws up scheduling/recovery/interlining).

It starts deteriorating once it leaves Evanston. 2 minutes at Skokie Swift, no big deal, but I noted 5 minutes at Dempster/Waukegan,*  6 minutes at Dempster/Milwaukee, and so forth.

_______

*Source of my Olcott example, as I know someone who used to live there.

On August 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Busjack said:

Passenger notices for some incremental changes, effective Aug. 14 or 15:

• 208: More Saturday morning trips into Oakton Community College
  • 240 School trips from the north to Maine East stay on Dee Rd. I guess they can squeeze through Kennedy Dr. and into the parking lot.
  • 241 Loses a school trip to Maine South (home of the Fighting Hillaries)
  • 250 Better weekday frequency
  • 290 Weekday midday improved frequency west of Lincolnwood Town Center
  • 381 Posted stops only
  • 395 (same)
  • 533 Loses one school trip
  • 540 School trips combined
  • 722 Most Sat. trips 20 minutes earlier for better connections, last 2 trips begin 10 minutes later
  • South Holland P&R closes (mentioned earlier)

You forgot that 290 is extending their service hours for Sundays/Holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, west towns said:

What ever happened to first day of school after labor day?   It was such a let down on labor day because you knew tomorrow morning the summer fun was over

If you want an answer, read the Daily Herald above. However, I assume this is rhetorical.