FTA rips DC Metro's track maintenance

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The latest in the series of problems faced by Metro: Track inspectors almost get hit by a train

I don't know how their signal system works, but the strange one was crossing over an interlocking on a red signal. At least on CTA, one would have assumed that a track trip would have prevented that (until someone or something messed up).

You think its bad from the news, but as someone who lives here, this stack upon stack of problems really wears down on life. I remember when the Red Line had to do abrupt single tracking and station skipping and I was forced to walk 30 mins to my destination from Union Station. I can never recall seeing waiting times of 26, 28 & 32 for trains in Chicago, from when I lived there to my visits, not even on a Sunday

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

You think its bad from the news, but as someone who lives here, this stack upon stack of problems really wears down on life. I remember when the Red Line had to do abrupt single tracking and station skipping and I was forced to walk 30 mins to my destination from Union Station. I can never recall seeing waiting times of 26, 28 & 32 for trains in Chicago, from when I lived there to my visits, not even on a Sunday

Main difference on CTA is that a bus shuttle would be set up until a wreck is cleared or the police investigate the incident. If a track is out for maintenance, at least there is a  customer alert (such as on the Red Line or Blue Line).