Watch this

MRChiCity

I figured it was pretty old, and the source says 1993. Also, it was obvious that Che Che doesn't work the south side, even before she said this was Forest Glen.

I was wondering about the bus with the blue stripe, but it must have been one of the 9000s.

Yes looking at how she had paper transfers instead of the transfer cards and the buses shown were Flx's of the 5300 series and Fishbowls with Che Che identifying her garage as FG, I too figured that this was about the earlier part of the 1990s before catching Busjack's post having verified that this was from 1993. I do like how she showed a little bit of how she gets her bus and run as well as explained what a split run was (I forgot that they had those as far back as 25 years ago at least LOL!). 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

I do like how she showed a little bit of how she gets her bus and run as well as explained what a split run was

She talks about asking the dispatcher for the run, but wasn't that established by the pick? Also, would someone with 15 years seniority complain about getting a split run? Maybe a driver can explain.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

She talks about asking the dispatcher for the run, but wasn't that established by the pick? Also, would someone with 15 years seniority complain about getting a split run? Maybe a driver can explain.

I believe that a driver would still need to ask the dispatcher for her paperwork and assigned bus even if he or she has an assigned run.  Nowadays there aren't  any transfers, but there are probably still pre trip inspection forms.

As far as her seniority, some drivers  may pick them to get weekends off and get split differential  pay.  Or the more likely scenario  is that FG is full of senior drivers and this lady who could possibly  get a better shift at 77th chooses a less desirable  shift to stay at FG, possibly  closer to her home and much safer.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I believe that a driver would still need to ask the dispatcher for her paperwork and assigned bus even if he or she has an assigned run.  Nowadays there aren't  any transfers, but there are probably still pre trip inspection forms.

As far as her seniority, some drivers  may pick them to get weekends off and get split differential  pay.  Or the more likely scenario  is that FG is full of senior drivers and this lady who could possibly  get a better shift at 77th chooses a less desirable  shift to stay at FG, possibly  closer to her home and much safer.

Or she could also be on the extra board?

20 hours ago, jajuan said:

Yes looking at how she had paper transfers instead of the transfer cards and the buses shown were Flx's of the 5300 series and Fishbowls with Che Che identifying her garage as FG, I too figured that this was about the earlier part of the 1990s

Among other noticeable anachronisms:

• Ad for "Illinois Bell is now Ameritech."
  • Ad for Certi-Saver Stores. Apparently caught in the Central Grocers bankruptcy.
  • Radio phone above the driver's window.

Still in service is the GFI farebox, although, as @jajuan implies, here without any card reader.

6 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

And the music is so 90's, how she feels like people hate bus drivers?

25 years later, a split run would have been the least of her worries if she were still driving, except that she indicated thaf she would have  been retired for 15 years.

I could bring up, by comparison, yesterday's Greyhound incident, but on further reflection, I won't.