Create Your Own CTA Line

BrownLineTrainToTheLoop

1 minute ago, sht6131 said:

Sabotage is perfect. To pacify the riders CTA replaced the Humboldt branch with rush hour Limited bus service to service the discontinued stops. I know this is hearsay but I was told by supervisors and drivers that supervisors would pull some of these buses for fill/ins for other routes. Riders could not depend on them. Its a wonder the service last about eight years. Probably politics.

This limited service supplemented the 72 North local service

On 10/5/2023 at 6:40 PM, Sam92 said:

There is no demand for the route you propose, and where is the capacity to handle another new line in the loop when CTA is considering MOVING A LINE OFF THE LOOP to address said concern. 

I can modify the route to serve Midway. Problem is the lack of transfers.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:54 PM, Busjack said:

NY MTA should build s subway to Irondequoit, New York. When I lived there, only service was at 3:00 a.m. Governor Hochul would approve.

The MTA doesn't serve most of Upstate New York it is only limited to New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, & two other counties.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, Busjack said:

The chicago-l.org page I cited indicated that the undermining started in 1948 (basically CTA didn't care for cutting cars from Logan Square trains) but the death knell was the subway, because wood cars weren't allowed there. However, the page on the Paulina Connector indicates that that the stretch north of Lake was not demolished until 1964.  

I'm going to say it. Chicago and Indiana's public transportation needs to be modernized and if you want ridership and consistency. Push transit options by using abandoned rights of way to do so including upgrading voltages & electrification.

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

I can modify the route to serve Midway. Problem is the lack of transfers.

The MTA doesn't serve most of Upstate New York it is only limited to New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, & two other counties.

• You missed the point again. There is a line that goes to Midway.
  • You think repeating your reply to a single comment makes your reply any more relevant. i bet you didn't figure out that 98% of your suggestions are as asinine as this one of mine was. And I bet you don't know where Irondequiot NY is.

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

I'm going to say it. Chicago and Indiana's public transportation needs to be modernized and if you want ridership and consistency. Push transit options by using abandoned rights of way to do so including upgrading voltages & electrification.

And I'm going to say it: You know absolutely nothing about Chicago. You prove it every time you post. You live in New York. New York has myriad problems. Write Governor Hochul* and Mayor Adams** and tell them what to do. Stop spamming here.

*Kathy Hochul
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224

**Mayor Eric Adams

City Hall

New York, NY 10007

311 or 212-NEW-YORK outside NYC

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Busjack said:
  • You missed the point again. There is a line that goes to Midway.
  • You think repeating your reply to a single comment makes your reply any more relevant. i bet you didn't figure out that 98% of your suggestions are as asinine as this one of mine was. And I bet you don't know where Irondequiot NY is.

I already know where it is. Also how am I spamming? What you’re bringing up is completely irrelevant to this forum.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

I already know where it is. Also how am I spamming? What you’re bringing up is completely irrelevant to this forum.

Oh, to the contrary, EVERYTHING you bring up is irrelevant or uninformed. It becomes spam when you reply to one post several times, keep repeating mantras like "Chicago needs to upgrade voltage" without supporting facts, or posting stuff like "why did [some pro-bicycle advocacy] blog post something" if you don't contact the author directly. Your "CTA/Metra/NICTD should do what New York does" just because NY does it, without any description of why it would be beneficial or even work, is just spam.

@Sam92 was correct about you just being a troll looking for attention. I'm being gentler in saying you are a spammer. I pmed you about it about 3 weeks ago, but you read but didn't understand it.

Capice?

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Oh, to the contrary, EVERYTHING you bring up is irrelevant or uninformed. It becomes spam when you reply to one post several times, keep repeating mantras like "Chicago needs to upgrade voltage" without supporting facts, or posting stuff like "why did [some pro-bicycle advocacy] blog post something" if you don't contact the author directly. Your "CTA/Metra/NICTD should do what New York does" just because NY does it, without any description of why it would be beneficial or even work, is just spam.

@Sam92 was correct about you just being a troll looking for attention. I'm being gentler in saying you are a spammer. I pmed you about it about 3 weeks ago, but you read but didn't understand it.

Capice?

But wait he left the NY forums because of "drama" ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2