The 2021 CTA Pride train

BusHunter

So CTA has released the livery of this years pride train. I like the colors. Dont know if they intended for the colors to match the cta line colors, but its visually appealing. I dont get the black line though unless that is a pride color. Too bad they wouldnt extend this to a few more lines. 

1410165502_Screenshot_20210608-114119_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2577da8e67bc70d6f381521012d60624.jpg

41 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

So CTA has released the livery of this years pride train. I like the colors. Dont know if they intended for the colors to match the cta line colors, but its visually appealing. I dont get the black line though unless that is a pride color. Too bad they wouldnt extend this to a few more lines. 

1410165502_Screenshot_20210608-114119_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2577da8e67bc70d6f381521012d60624.jpg

Well even though there are people all over the city that may be LGBT, it's a known fact that Lakeview is the epicenter of that community which the Red Line runs through.  Since it covers the most ground from far north to far south, and it's the busiest rail lune, CTA probably figured the Red Line is the most logical place to run this livery. 

42 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Well even though there are people all over the city that may be LGBT, it's a known fact that Lakeview is the epicenter of that community which the Red Line runs through.  Since it covers the most ground from far north to far south, and it's the busiest rail lune, CTA probably figured the Red Line is the most logical place to run this livery. 

I was just saying a few extra carsl to run the lines in addition to red. 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

The black and brown lines are indicative of the new "Philly flag" variant of the Pride flag, and symbolize the black and brown members of the LGBTQ+ community.

49 minutes ago, Pink Jazz said:

I disagree with the Pink Line.  That is just promoting gay stereotypes. Gay men are no more likely to prefer pink over straight men.

I can't speak for  him, but I think his intent was getting those cars with that wrap on other lines besides the Red  because there are "gays" all over the city.  I don't think his intent was to stereotype.   If anything,  putting those wraps on the Red Line could be stereotypical because Lakeview was also known as Boystown is a known "gay community "  The wraps are probably for a limited time so it's not really important. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pink Jazz said:

I disagree with the Pink Line.  That is just promoting gay stereotypes. Gay men are no more likely to prefer pink over straight men.

Yeah, swing and a miss, my friend

50 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I can't speak for  him, but I think his intent was getting those cars with that wrap on other lines besides the Red  because there are "gays" all over the city.  I don't think his intent was to stereotype.   If anything,  putting those wraps on the Red Line could be stereotypical because Lakeview was also known as Boystown is a known "gay community "  The wraps are probably for a limited time so it's not really important. 

This was my intention. I chose the Pink and Blue lines because I know there are gay communities, however small or large, in neighborhoods like Pilsen, Heart of Chicago, Wicker Park, Noble Sq, and other West Loop/Near West Side communities, mostly served by the Pink and Blue lines

10 hours ago, Pink Jazz said:

On 6/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, I feel like these could've gone great on the Pink and Blue lines as well

I'm a gay man and I understood what @NewFlyerMCI meant. No offense taken.

It would be cool for the cars to run on all of the lines, though. I think the same about the art cars. Valley Metro commissions a local artist to do a light rail wrap every year. It's very cool to see it flying down the middle of the street whether you are in Central Phoenix, Downtown Tempe, or the East valley.

• Thanks 1