8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Minus gaps, that's 200 to go in approximately 7.5 months.

I got a chance to look at the Date of Manufacture on some of the new arrivals and most if not all of the #8700s were completed before March, As #8711 was completed in February 2024. So that leads me to believe the #8800's are not too far behind as far as getting delivered. Now the #8900's are a mystery but I'll assume that they were completed by at least Late April into early May, it's just a matter of getting them delivered now.

12 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I got a chance to look at the Date of Manufacture on some of the new arrivals and most if not all of the #8700s were completed before March, As #8711 was completed in February 2024. So that leads me to believe the #8800's are not too far behind as far as getting delivered. Now the #8900's are a mystery but I'll assume that they were completed by at least Late April into early May, it's just a matter of getting them delivered now.

Seems like CTA is Nova's biggest remaining order and Nova has to push them out if they are trying to shut down the Plattsburgh plant by the end of Q1 2025.  Assuming calender year that would be June but fiscal year might be February or March.  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

are trying to shut down the Plattsburgh plant by the end of Q2 2025. 

The announcement was "bus operations in the Plattsburgh facility are planned to continue until the first quarter of 2025." That's March. On @YoungBusLover's point, I don't know how long it takes to deliver after assembly, but he seems to be rushing the assembly a bit.

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Dam wait 8700 was finished & sat for a year before it came to cta

1 hour ago, Shannon tahoeppv said:

That could be true there could be a few units that were built in the previous year before being sent out the following year. 8700 was probably built in late 2023 it just didn’t arrive until about last month

6 hours ago, Shannon tahoeppv said:

Not a year 😅 but more so being completed by the start of the new year. I think the remaining fleet units as a whole are about 75% - 80% complete from the production line. It's just a matter of getting them delivered by the end of the year going into 2025. It should take at least another 3 - 6 months before all is said and done.

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Not a year 😅 but more so being completed by the start of the new year. I think the remaining fleet units as a whole are about 75% - 80% complete from the production line. It's just a matter of getting them delivered by the end of the year going into 2025. It should take at least another 3 - 6 months before all is said and done.

Bet yea I know it takes a minute to deliver them

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well #8742 entered service out of FG this afternoon, So i'll assume #8743 - 45 are up there.

He did have a picture of 8744, but I suppose it's the old "don't post stuff taken on TA property" problem again.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

We're down to 207 Nova's left to be delivered and the general gameplan after the DNC and presumably when the fall pick starts is FG and possibly C will ship there newly acquired #8700s to NP/74th. 

#8715 Not at SS, #8717 Not at SS , #8718 (SS),8721(SS),#8722(SS),#8724 Not at SS , #8726(SS), #8727(SS), #8731 Not at SS , #8732 Not at SS, #8738 Not at SS,#8741 Not at SS ,#8745 (SS), #8746 Not at SS ,#8747 (SS),#8748(SS),#8749 (SS), #8750 - #8950 Have yet to be delivered to SS.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2