8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

I'm wondering if kedzie might get the new buses first. If you think the 8325s are like bookends far north and far south but theres nothing in the middle. They could shuffle around some buses making a newer pool at fg or 103rd. 103rd will probably get some too eventually.

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I'm wondering if kedzie might get the new buses first. If you think the 8325s are like bookends far north and far south but theres nothing in the middle. They could shuffle around some buses making a newer pool at fg or 103rd. 103rd will probably get some too eventually.

I’m guessing that too what if Kedzie get the new Novas first to shuffle some Flyers around.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Something is going to have to give for that to happen. In all honesty Kedzie getting some first wouldn't make the most sense they have a decent fleet age over there versus the Glen and 103rd.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Concerning the first batch,  I doubt it since the short term goal is to retire the 6400s.   With subsequent options, 103rd, K, and NP, which historically haven't been Nova garages,  could very well be recipients of the new Nova buses.  That way,  every garage would have some Novas like every garage currently has New Flyers. 

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

How many buses are in this order again? This is the first 400 to replace the shoeboxes right?

100 have been ordered so far from what I remember.  The entire base order of 600 are going to replace the #1000s. Now I'm still holding judgement on how there retirement will actually go but I honestly think they'll be at random.