8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

50 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Ahh. What order am I thinking of then? This seems like a contract option being exercised (which I'm assuming is the case)

The first 100 is the base order.   There are 5 options for 100 per option which means if every option is exercised,  there would be a total of 600 new Novas.which would make 8949 the highest possible fleet number in this order.

I think you got 400 from the  base order of the 7000 series railcars.   

Back to the Novas, the first 100 are supposed to retire the 6400s.   Subsequent options should start to retire the 1000s.

I'm surprised that the first prototype is already here.  I still don't expect to see the new series in service until 2022, even if deliveries started in October or November.    If 103rd and FG split the first 100, then possibly the other 5 garages can get 100 each which spreads the buses around. 

50 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The first 100 is the base order.   There are 5 options for 100 per option which means if every option is exercised,  there would be a total of 600 new Novas.which would make 8949 the highest possible fleet number in this order.

I think you got 400 from the  base order of the 7000 series railcars.   

Back to the Novas, the first 100 are supposed to retire the 6400s.   Subsequent options should start to retire the 1000s.

I'm surprised that the first prototype is already here.  I still don't expect to see the new series in service until 2022, even if deliveries started in October or November.    If 103rd and FG split the first 100, then possibly the other 5 garages can get 100 each which spreads the buses around. 

I think FG should get the first 100

3 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I think FG should get the first 100

U don't have a problem with that.  But if that were to happen,  FG would have the youngest fleet in the system  and that probably wouldn't fly with 103rd having the oldest fleet in the system.   I think 103rd and FG splitting the base order would help 103rd get younger while replacing FG 6400S.

4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

U don't have a problem with that.  But if that were to happen,  FG would have the youngest fleet in the system  and that probably wouldn't fly with 103rd having the oldest fleet in the system.   I think 103rd and FG splitting the base order would help 103rd get younger while replacing FG 6400S.

if anything send 1056-1199 to FG and have the first 100 or 199 go to 103rd

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

if anything send 1056-1199 to FG and have the first 100 or 199 go to 103rd

I'm just saying FG always had the oldest in the fleet bet they wasnt happy about it but nobody cares or cared so who cares if 3 gets mad let them have a brand something set of buses for a change they took 8200-35 from them brand new let them have a entire 100 brand new buses 

18 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I'm just saying FG always had the oldest in the fleet bet they wasnt happy about it but nobody cares or cared so who cares if 3 gets mad let them have a brand something set of buses for a change they took 8200-35 from them brand new let them have a entire 100 brand new buses 

If I know cta all garages will get 100 and fg will get 8342-25

When I saw 8350 it was on the end. I probably could have stopped and took a picture. #8327 is still in the spot it was before. 

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I agree, the best thing that could possibly happen is a split between the first 100 between the two. After that it's a free for all in regards to the other five options. There's one thing I want everyone to factor in though, the average fleet age per garage will play a factor. I know that 77ths fleet average age is about 10.5-11 years old from what I've seen on some maintenance paperwork. I should of asked about it to gain a little more insight. Nonetheless, 10.5-11 years is pretty good but barring the #7900s we have I'm sure that number avg age would be 13-14 yearsold. 

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If I know cta all garages will get 100 and fg will get 8342-25

When I saw 8350 it was on the end. I probably could have stopped and took a picture. #8327 is still in the spot it was before. 

Yea 8327 must need major work cuz other buses then come after it did & left before it

16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I agree, the best thing that could possibly happen is a split between the first 100 between the two. After that it's a free for all in regards to the other five options. There's one thing I want everyone to factor in though, the average fleet age per garage will play a factor. I know that 77ths fleet average age is about 10.5-11 years old from what I've seen on some maintenance paperwork. I should of asked about it to gain a little more insight. Nonetheless, 10.5-11 years is pretty good but barring the #7900s we have I'm sure that number avg age would be 13-14 yearsold. 

Aw but in reality we all know that 7 gone get first dibs on the new buses while the 7900's get pushed off to 6 then C then FG like how it the 6400's did when the 79's came in in 14

9 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

For those who seen it,Does 8350 look like 8325-49 or is it a more updated version?

It's an updated version, the Thermo king is a lot longer and slimmer, the front portion of the roof is flat straight across versus the roof fin that has come in the previous versions. I'm not sure what transmission is getting used though. The seats are a toss up.

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's an updated version, the Thermo king is a lot longer and slimmer, the front portion of the roof is flat straight across versus the roof fin that has come in the previous versions. I'm not sure what transmission is getting used though. The seats are a toss up.

Are they still using thermo king?

11 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I’d say the oldest should be split between FG and 103rd with 103rd running them on the feeders and same for FG. At 103rd the heavy routes use artics which are pretty middle aged, keep enough new 40fts at 103rd to run 71, 29, 28 and at FG for the 56, 77, 152 and 80 and run the older buses on the rest. Nowhere else really makes sense to keep older buses except maybe 74th and using them on the 59th blocks since most of those end up staying around midway on a 63W or so once they get out there

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

I’d say the oldest should be split between FG and 103rd with 103rd running them on the feeders and same for FG. At 103rd the heavy routes use artics which are pretty middle aged, keep enough new 40fts at 103rd to run 71, 29, 28 and at FG for the 56, 77, 152 and 80 and run the older buses on the rest. Nowhere else really makes sense to keep older buses except maybe 74th and using them on the 59th blocks since most of those end up staying around midway on a 63W or so once they get out there

Depends who's hurting for buses. 103rd has a pretty big block of older buses. If they want to keep nfs out there send them the kedzie 1600s if not just give 103rd the new buses. I think places like 74th are not hurting that bad. Maybe that's why they sent np some 1500s. Chicago is not hurting plus it has proterras. Fgs 8300 look like new. They are not hurting I'd only really consider them if all the 6400s came back. Good candidates might be where the 6400s went. That does make sense 103rd, np and kedzie. Then they can worry about the other guys. 77th will probably get some. Dont know if it will be sooner or later. 

47 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

For those who seen it,Does 8350 look like 8325-49 or is it a more updated version?

35 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's just another 8755 that mta has but without the 7900-series windows

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Wait, b/c I couldn't tell yesterday, but that front hump on top is gone?

30 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

If you can get close to #8350 theres a paper in the lower right windshield. It looks like it says January something. I wonder what is that paper.

Basically it's the factory serial number with CTA and Prevost Pilot stamped on it. When I head back in after my fallback I'll try to get some clearer photos. 

20210812_203827.jpg

44 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Basically it's the factory serial number with CTA and Prevost Pilot stamped on it. When I head back in after my fallback I'll try to get some clearer photos. 

20210812_203827.jpg

Unfortunate that CTA doesn't have any coaches in their fleet.  NY has MCIs and Prevost coaches.  Eell at least Pace has coaches.