Jungle Jim's In Fairfield Ohio

BusHunter

Does anyone know if Jungle Jim's went ahead with the purchase of one of the #2347-48 cars? The other one went to Goose Island Brewery, you see at events around Chicago. This store is wild it has a monorail in the parking lot!! It's something that's on my bucket list. If I'm over that way I need to check them out!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv0546IgUlE

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Does anyone know if Jungle Jim's went ahead with the purchase of one of the #2347-48 cars? The other one went to Goose Island Brewery, you see at events around Chicago. This store is wild it has a monorail in the parking lot!! It's something that's on my bucket list. If I'm over that way I need to check them out!!

You should go, it’s worth the road trip imo. I went back in 2016 for a college tour at UCincy. Right up there with the DeKalb Farmers Market and Eataly as one of the best grocery stores I’ve ever been to. If you live close by, there’s actually probably not a need to shop anywhere else, even for specific foodstuffs

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

That was answered in the article cited under 2200 train now a rolling beer bar. According to that article, it is that car.

CTA doesn’t sell old trains and wouldn’t make an exception for Goose Island, Ahsmann said.

But the brewery was able to find one at auction — but it was won by Jungle Jim’s, a famous grocery store near Cincinnati known for its theme park theatrics and wonky oversized displays. 

Ahsmann “rushed two of our marketing guys to Cincinnati” to smooth-talk “Jungle” Jim Bonaminio, he said. 

Jungle Jim got cold feet and said he’d only be interested in selling to Goose Island if its representatives beat him in a hand of poker. 

Goose Island’s marketers threw down a pair of jacks and bought the CTA train.

I have sent a serious e-mail to Block Club Chicago, and attached jpgs, which I almost never do, questioning the veracity of the article.

It smacks to me as something somebody working for ZX Holdings floated on an online page under its operation, and then experimented with "Who would bite?". Unfortunately, Block Club Chicago bit on it.

Has anybody here on ChiTransit forgot about the car #2237 on display at Latona Lofts near Canalport & Cermak [One of the jpgs I attached.]? Somebody involved with Latona Lofts managed to buy it, and it did not involve a card game.

Pretty much anybody, including other readers of this post, could buy one of the just-retired 6400-series Nova buses. They would have to agree to the clause that the bus cannot be used to transport passengers. Otherwise, yes, they could revamp that into a beer-dispensing vehicle.

Long-time readers here could also recall when in August 2015 I posted images of Goose Island's first mobile beer dispenser (@ Oak Park's Micro Brew Review), and Andrethebusman disclosed Anheuser-Busch inBev (who control ZX Holdings) bought it from a bus desert in southern California. {WTH - Only one upvote for that post?!}

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

I have sent a serious e-mail to Block Club Chicago, and attached jpgs, which I almost never do, questioning the veracity of the article.

It smacks to me as something somebody working for ZX Holdings floated on an online page under its operation, and then experimented with "Who would bite?". Unfortunately, Block Club Chicago bit on it.

Has anybody here on ChiTransit forgot about the car #2237 on display at Latona Lofts near Canalport & Cermak [One of the jpgs I attached.]? Somebody involved with Latona Lofts managed to buy it, and it did not involve a card game.

Pretty much anybody, including other readers of this post, could buy one of the just-retired 6400-series Nova buses. They would have to agree to the clause that the bus cannot be used to transport passengers. Otherwise, yes, they could revamp that into a beer-dispensing vehicle.

Long-time readers here could also recall when in August 2015 I posted images of Goose Island's first mobile beer dispenser (@ Oak Park's Micro Brew Review), and Andrethebusman disclosed Anheuser-Busch inBev (who control ZX Holdings) bought it from a bus desert in southern California. {WTH - Only one upvote for that post?!}

It isn't as you portrayed. If you look at the 2200s thread, Rick Levin auctioned 2 off. One went to Jungle Jim's, but never showed up there. Other than Block Club Chicago saying that they didn't know about the auction, the article was correct and you owe them an apology.