Labor shortage, missing buses and trains, and inaccurate trackers

Busjack

1 hour ago, strictures said:

Does Transit also have the ghost bus problem?  Otherwise, why change.  I don't use Ventra to pay.

Have to try it to find out. Nothing to lose by trying it, especially if you know that Ventra is defective.

23 hours ago, strictures said:

I only use Ventra for bus arrivals when I'm out of the house.  It is accurate for Pace buses & have never had a Pace ghost bus.

Are you ignoring my responses?

Did you read this response in the Pace bus thread where I remarked about waiting for 90 minutes for a northbound #311 bus at Oak Park and Stanley at 4:45 pm on a Friday (intending to go from Flapjack Brwg. to Elmhurst Brwg. via the #311 and the #309). I wound up walking west to Harlem Ave. I never got to Elmhurst Brwg. that night. ?

I was definitely ghosted by Pace this afternoon.?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

Are you ignoring my responses?

Did you read this response in the Pace bus thread where I remarked about waiting for 90 minutes for a northbound #311 bus at Oak Park and Stanley at 4:45 pm on a Friday (intending to go from Flapjack Brwg. to Elmhurst Brwg. via the #311 and the #309). I wound up walking west to Harlem Ave. I never got to Elmhurst Brwg. that night. ?

I was definitely ghosted by Pace this afternoon.?

I never saw that & what I said was there are no ghost buses showing up in Ventra for Pace buses that I ride.  The worst routes for ghost buses seem to be the 22 both directions & 147 SB at Devon/Sheridan.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, strictures said:

I never saw that & what I said was there are no ghost buses showing up in Ventra for Pace buses that I ride.  The worst routes for ghost buses seem to be the 22 both directions & 147 SB at Devon/Sheridan.

Do you use the CTA map interface? Or Transsee.ca? Those two websites alone would solve your quote on quote Ghost bus issue. 

22 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Do you use the CTA map interface? Or Transsee.ca? Those two websites alone would solve your quote on quote Ghost bus issue. 

11 hours ago, strictures said:

Exactly what does that mean?

@YoungBusLover, I don't think you're being responsive to @strictures's request. He said that the CTA Bustracker web interface is correct. He's looking for a mobile app, since the Ventra app isn't accurate. Transit app* may be that (Apple, Android). Some amateur website in Canada isn't.

*As I implied above, I'm not making warranties, except that Transit says it covers CTA.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

@YoungBusLover, I don't think you're being responsive to @strictures's request. He said that the CTA Bustracker web interface is correct. He's looking for a mobile app, since the Ventra app isn't accurate. Transit app* may be that (Apple, Android). Some amateur website in Canada isn't.

*As I implied above, I'm not making warranties, except that Transit says it covers CTA.

Next time I'm out, I'll try Transit, as I installed over the weekend.  I don't ride daily, maybe once a week.

But again, my ghost bus problem is solely 22 Clark in both directions & SB 147s at Devon/Sheridan.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

I understand where he's coming from but what's so hard about using a web browser from your phone to look up the same kind of results? Regardless if it's an app or not the tools are there to make things easier on riders. There is one app I still use to this day even though it keeps getting removed from the app store every now and then and that is the RideChicago App.

Screenshot_20231127_164229_Ride Chicago.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_164252_Ride Chicago.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_164246_Ride Chicago.jpg

• Upvote 1