MCI's on #355.

jesi2282

Theres Two Mcis that we dont used on the 877/888.There cut the two run so.Now we used them on the 355.Thats if there not in the shop.And there are used o the ups routes to.Because the some just about all the am 877/888s do ups after or before doing 877/888.We did have mcis on 352 370 ect but thats only if someone mess up gaving the bus out.like 3 weeks ago on a Saturday there gave me 6902.But there saw i was going in iit and came runing to the bus.And told me oh sorry u have 6202 i was like nuts.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Are there any bad parts of the route?
Sitting in a Dan Ryan construction zone might be a bad part. Depending on whether it is via 130th or Sibley, the first stop is in Hegewisch (part of Chicago that is essentially an industrial town, with lot of ethnic taverns and the like) or Calumet City. Basically not gang territory, and the mob was forced out of Calumet City decades ago. For demographics, see the wikipedia articles on Calumet City, Lansing and Hegewisch.

"How is arthritis similar to Calumet City? The joints are closed." :lol:

Rush hour trips don't go into Hammond. There was once a downtown Hammond, but it really isn't there anymore. There are basically vacant lots, The First Baptist Church, and St. Margaret's Hospital, although some renewal is occurring. The missing landmark is Goldblatt's (now a park).

"What do the birds say when they fly over Goldblatt's? Cheap, Cheap." :D

Since it is primarily designed to serve customers in the south surburbs, you would have to take a midday bus to be assured of a ride back (see schedule). That probably precludes getting an MCI. The fare is double.

Question for those with any knowledge of Pace history: When and how did Pace get the rights to extend routes into Indiana (350, 355, and 364)?

Since it is primarily designed to serve customers in the south surburbs, you would have to take a midday bus to be assured of a ride back (see schedule). That probably precludes getting an MCI.

Simple, just hop off at Hegewisch for the South Shore. If one feels the need to ride all the way to Ridge & Torrence, there's a chance of catching the last northbound 358.

Just becasue u see a run with a mci doesnt mean it will have it all the time on the 355. Somedays there can be alot of mcis in the shop. Just about two weeks ago 102 what is a mci run had 6210. So that being said u just have to go to downtown and hope u get one. Also some drives wont take the mcis if the run calls for one there will take a 6100/6200 nabi so. Most drives dont like them lol.

post-24-1173819949_thumb.jpg

post-24-1173820422_thumb.jpg

Simple, just hop off at Hegewisch for the South Shore. If one feels the need to ride all the way to Ridge & Torrence, there's a chance of catching the last northbound 358.
That assumes that it is a via 130th run, not via Sibley.

Did they officially publish or leak the results of the South restructuring? There was a newspaper article about it, but the only thing on the Pace site as of yet is the announcement of the public forums.

From my experience having attended a forum on the North Shore restructuring, Pace does change the consultant's recommendation based on public reaction, and then holds a round of hearings. However, 355 might be like 210 in that Pace doesn't want the dead mileage anymore (remember that 210 was cut back from Michigan Ave. to Berwyn CTA, and the consultants wanted to eliminate it altogether), even though it is a double fare.

P.S. Do you like the current picture on the Pace home page of 2 NABIs at the Harvey TC?

• 2 weeks later...

The MCI's are cool buses, they should use these on all their express routes

It appears that they do. A couple of years ago, I rode a few on the 877/888 combo runs from Oakbrook Mall to Harvey. There is a strong need for those on the 355 especially their last bus leaving downtown which I rode that too. And I can say personally that bus is a standard load. They should put that on the 352 Halsted as well since it's the highest ridership route in the Pace System. And it wouldn't hurt if Pace would buy some NABI Artics as well in the near future.

Yea that will work great on the 352 to have bus with no back door and narrow aise. Also the lift takes about 15 mins to used. The mci are great buses for the routes there used them on now. Its bad when u get a nabi on the 352 becasue there so slow u are 20+ late on it. There need to send more 2300s down here thats what there need to do. Pace buying Artics thats a joke there said theres no need for them. U are more likeing to see a 2600 on the 352 before we get any artics.

Guest metralink

Remember seeing last fall in the papers, I believe it was the NABI BRT 60ft artic. The article mentioned the bus was passing through town and Pace was interested in looking at it.

Who knows, with the ART perhaps they may get artics.

Remember seeing last fall in the papers, I believe it was the NABI BRT 60ft artic. The article mentioned the bus was passing through town and Pace was interested in looking at it.

Who knows, with the ART perhaps they may get artics.

No, I think it was just NABI trying to drum up some business with an old customer, that at the moment claims not to have capital funds. There was also a 42BRT. There is no route on the Pace system that would justify an articulated.