Buses on Diversey

Buslover88

Basically, for any route, look at the garages page, find the nearest garage, and see what buses are assigned there. While not reliable on downtown expresses and shuttles, the city can be divided into the following zones for e-w buses: Devon and north, North Park; Peterson through Belmont, Forest Glen; Diversey through Madison, Chicago; Jackson through 26th-Blue Island, Kedzie; 35th thru 51st, Archer; 55th thru 75th (except 71) 74th; 71, 79, 87, 95W 77th, and the rest 103rd. Similarly, north-south buses are generally Stony Island-east 103rd; Cottage to Wentworth (and 49A) 77th; Halsted through S. Damen 74th; Western and southwest, Archer; 50, 52 and 82, Kedzie; 53, 54 and 57 Chicago; northwest of there Forest Glen; and routes starting at Howard or in Edgewater, North Park. There are a few exceptions, such as school runs on Addision, but they are very few.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

RIPTA42, I'm not a Bus Driver lol...I think you thought I was a Bus Driver. I wish I was one though...my Friend Joe used to be a Driver for the CTA at the Kedzie...He said He's Driven 3700s, 7400s, 9000s, 7000s, 1600s, 4000s, 5300s, and 4400s. (He may not remember that well because He retired in 1993)...And you can tell me all of these Series (except for 5300s and 4400s) Garages.

• 4 months later...

In Taking on CTA pests in today's Tribune:

Dirty rats and roaches

You read it right, roaches. I got a chill down my spine after reading an e-mail sent to RedEye from rider Christie Herr. The Belmont Cragin resident wrote that she witnessed roaches on two separate occasions on the No. 76 Diversey bus.

"On the first incident, five roaches found their way out of a back panel on one of the newest buses," wrote Herr, 24. "While in the second incident, one roach found its way along the back of the chairs in the rear after emerging from another enclosed section."

With this report and the report of the 2 hour ride, I would be scared to take it.

Roaches on buses is nothing new. In may days at Pace, I heard many of many stories where drivers didn't want to bring their bags on certain buses because of the abundance of the little critters. It seemed as though South Division had the worst problem, from the amount of complaints received and infestation on some of their buses.

People are pigs and slobs, and with slob behavior comes roach infestation....simple as that !!!!