Pace Orion 2282s

Where are the Pace 2272s currently assigned?

2378 NW

2289/2290 Academy

Where are the rest?

I know there are a few at NS also.

Also the Novas where are they now?

And the remainders of the 2200/2300 Orions ?

Where are the Pace 2282s currently assigned?

2378 NW

2289/2290 Academy

Where are the rest?

I know there are a few at NS also.

Also the Novas where are they now?

And the remainders of the 2200/2300 Orions ?

The 2200s/2300s are assigned to Northwest, North Shore, North, River, South(not sure about it), and Academy. The Novas should still be at Southwest, North Shore, and West; unless some unknown transferring has occured.

The 35ft Orion I's are assigned to Northwest, North Shore, Academy, and Laidlaw.

The 40ft Orion I's are assigned to Northwest, North Shore, North, South, and Academy.

The Nova Classics are assigned to North Shore, Southwest, and West

I know NW has one last 35ft. Orion #2378 which I believe we will have very soon at Academy with the new arrivals at NW.

Hate to burst your bubbles, but part of the problem is that there is no Pace 2282 series. There are:

1. 2272-2291--35 foot buses, originally North Shore and Elgin; the number at North Shore is reduced from what it was, but still appears to consist of 2274-2282, 2284, and 2285; the rest were scattered around to contractors.
  2. 2292-2377--40 foot buses
  3. 2378--35 foot bus, originally in Elgin, and consistently reported to be in NW thereafter (but as to where it is today?).

This Afternoon at 4pm, I've Finally spotted #2309 in Downtown Northbound on Michigan passing the Art Museum/ Adams getting ready for #355 Lansing run, I have never seen any Orion Is on #355 since 2004. I was mostly seen that bus working #364 159th weekdays, I'm glad that bus is still alive and working. Is #2325 still around at South Div?

Hate to burst your bubbles, but part of the problem is that there is no Pace 2282 series. There are:
  1. 2272-2291--35 foot buses, originally North Shore and Elgin; the number at North Shore is reduced from what it was, but still appears to consist of 2274-2282, 2284, and 2285; the rest were scattered around to contractors.
  2. 2292-2377--40 foot buses
  3. 2378--35 foot bus, originally in Elgin, and consistently reported to be in NW thereafter (but as to where it is today?).

2378 is currently at NW.

The 35ft Orion I's are assigned to Northwest, North Shore, Academy, and Laidlaw.

The 40ft Orion I's are assigned to Northwest, North Shore, North, South, and Academy.

The Nova Classics are assigned to North Shore, Southwest, and West

What does Pace North/Waukegan have in their fleet?

What does Pace North/Waukegan have in their fleet?
Roughly 2423-2450 (1999 35 foot NABIs).

2 40 foot NABIs (2401, 2421)

10 2300s (roughly 2328-2338, but not 2330)

6 6600s (6600-6603, and apparently 2 ex-Highland Park)

Again, WebWatch seems the best place to trace them (except the 580 series routes are not on line).

Roughly, because with buses being shifted around, no guarantees.

Roughly 2423-2450 (1999 35 foot NABIs).

2 40 foot NABIs (2401, 2421)

10 2300s (roughly 2328-2338, but not 2330)

6 6600s (6600-6603, and apparently 2 ex-Highland Park)

Again, WebWatch seems the best place to trace them (except the 580 series routes are not on line).

Roughly, because with buses being shifted around, no guarantees.

We have Pace #2330 at Academy

I might take a trip up to North Shore to see the equipment.

Mixed bag there.

2635, 2650-2664

2274-2282, 2284, 2285

About 8 2300s roughly in the 2339-2350 range (you have some of their others, and 2342 is apparently kaput)

2390-2397

6238-6240 (white)

6257-6261 (white)

6262-6267, 6322 (blue, apparently now mostly on 626)

Again, one would think that the shuttles get 2600s, and while some do, they are also the predominant bus on 421 and 422, and sometimes seen on 210, 213 and 423. As jesi reported, and WebWatch confirms, 2635 seems to show up on the same 626 run.

Only 9 of the buses are out on Saturday, and least 6 are 2600s.

2325 is at south runs most of the time on the 364

Im not taking anything away from South but I feel that sometime in the near future #2325 and #2309 will be part of Academy. Reason being that some of our Orions are really starting to fall apart. We lost 3 Orions already. (2) #2373 #2376 are officially off the roster. The future of #2374 is uncertain. We are suppose to have 5 spares according to Pace, we only have 2 spares at this time. The two South Orions are the last ones in that area. We are possibly getting more Orions this year.

Im not taking anything away from South but I feel that sometime in the near future #2325 and #2309 will be part of Academy. Reason being that some of our Orions are really starting to fall apart. We lost 3 Orions already. (2) #2373 #2376 are officially off the roster. The future of #2374 is uncertain. We are suppose to have 5 spares according to Pace, we only have 2 spares at this time. The two South Orions are the last ones in that area. We are possibly getting more Orions this year.

Academy should get few Southwest Novas and leave 2 South Orions to where they at, I like seeing them running in South Suburbs.

Academy should get few Southwest Novas and leave 2 South Orions to where they at, I like seeing them running in South Suburbs.

I agree 100 percent! They can leave the two south Orions and give us two Novas. Ill take that trade instead.

I agree 100 percent! They can leave the two south Orions and give us two Novas. Ill take that trade instead.

I just hate to see in the future that Orion Is are retiring or loss, its a very sad because Pace has the last orders built until Orion I market had ceased in Mid-1993.

How about if Academy gets the 2400 nabis. :P And south gets your 2300s?

However, 5750 has indicated above that Academy has put several of the 2370s out of commission. Since the contract says that Academy has to maintain them (and I assume that cannibalization for that purpose is why Academy bought several undriveable vehicles, like 2322), I don't think South will be getting them back. You might end up something like West--the outer small divisions get more 2600s, and West gets more 6600s (but you complained about the ones you got).

The only salvation for South is if Pace has enough capital funds to want to buy new 40-footers, and I assume you would rather have Orion VIIs (probably now way too expensive for Pace tastes) or Gillig Advantages.

That's not to say that when the 2300s run out, Academy won't get the 2400s. Also, there is the possibility that North Shore gets more 2600s, and Academy gets their few remaining 2300s. Of course, we don't know how many 2700s were delivered (maybe you do).

Since the contract says that Academy has to maintain them (and I assume that cannibalization for that purpose is why Academy bought several undriveable vehicles, like 2322

I don't think Academy actually buys them...Pace "provides" or "gives" the buses to them (and other contract carriers) as part of the contract and then sticks Academy (and others) with the maintenance cost. Another great scam...funny how they never have money for operations either ????

I don't think Academy actually buys them...Pace "provides" or "gives" the buses to them (and other contract carriers) as part of the contract and then sticks Academy (and others) with the maintenance cost. Another great scam...funny how they never have money for operations either ????
I didn't say Academy buys the ones that are running on the Pace routes. However, 5750 previously reported that Academy bought some buses to be cannibalized. The main reason seems to be to maintain the buses assigned to it, although there was also a reference to the Robinson Coach ones. (As also surmised, that is probably why the operator on that contract gets buses from the oldest current series.)

As far as "scam," it is all a matter of contract negotiation. A contractor is paid a price if it gets the buses and maintains them, another if it has to provide the buses (such as the school buses that were prevalent on DuPage feeder routes). I'm sure Colonial gets a different rate for providing the motor coach for 855. I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't use used Orion bus parts to maintain it.

I didn't say Academy buys the ones that are running on the Pace routes. However, 5750 previously reported that Academy bought some buses to be cannibalized. The main reason seems to be to maintain the buses assigned to it, although there was also a reference to the Robinson Coach ones. (As also surmised, that is probably why the operator on that contract gets buses from the oldest current series.)

As far as "scam," it is all a matter of contract negotiation. A contractor is paid a price if it gets the buses and maintains them, another if it has to provide the buses (such as the school buses that were prevalent on DuPage feeder routes). I'm sure Colonial gets a different rate for providing the motor coach for 855. I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't use used Orion bus parts to maintain it.

OK once again, Where does it say Academy "bought" buses to cannibalize them? :)