If you could time travel...

What bus(es) would you want to ride on again when it/they was/were brand new?

I would ride Metro Transit's MAN Americanas and Artics and GMC New Looks, MVTA's 1985 Gillig Phantoms when they first got them, and Flxibles and GMC RTS in Rochester NY that I used to ride when I was 6. Also would ride some of the Flyer buses in TTC's fleet too.

I would ride Metro Transit's MAN Americanas and Artics and GMC New Looks, MVTA's 1985 Gillig Phantoms when they first got them, and Flxibles and GMC RTS in Rochester NY that I used to ride when I was 6. Also would ride some of the Flyer buses in TTC's fleet too.

If I could time travel I would go back and ride CTA's Americanas, GMC New Looks, and Cummins powered Flx-5300s.

• Turbo hybrid BRT42 on Pace 208 or 352.
  • NF E40LFR on Belmont or Fullerton.

Nobody said that one couldn't time travel forward or in both directions. As far as most of the buses MVTARider mentioned, I did ride them when they were new and was not impressed (except with an RTS-03, until its doors flopped open and the driver had no way of closing them).

... As far as most of the buses MVTARider mentioned, I did ride them when they were new and was not impressed (except with an RTS-03, until its doors flopped open and the driver had no way of closing them).

Yeah I'm probably not missing much but I still wouldn't mind riding them. One more bus I thought of for my list would be a Marmon-Herrington (correct spelling?) electric trolley bus in Chicago, I liked the one at the IRM.

If I could travel through time and ride CTA, I would want to be in the years of 1955-1960. The peak of the propanes and trolley coaches, plus you also wonder what your neighborhood looked like back then. Id love to see how Forest Glen looked back in the 50s. Seeing the pullouts out of FG down Bryn Mawr and Central in 1955 when FG was still new. Also Id like to see North ave. where my dad worked for 14 years. There would still be a huge fleet of trolley coaches, Marmon and Brills, Flx propanes would also be there in large numbers.

:D

Yeah I'm probably not missing much but I still wouldn't mind riding them. One more bus I thought of for my list would be a Marmon-Herrington (correct spelling?) electric trolley bus in Chicago, I liked the one at the IRM.

I was here and rode the M/H ETBs on 47th St, 51st St, and Kedzie!

I'd like to go back and ride the Brill ETBs.

Gene King

If I could time travel....

First, I'd have to get the necessary 1.21 giggowatts into my DeLorean :lol: , then set course for fall of 1982, spring of 1983 to see the arrival of the first D901's and ride as many as possible(especially the famous 9845 with it's Cummins engine that people are talking about it had before the cement truck accident).

:D

I was here and rode the M/H ETBs on 47th St, 51st St, and Kedzie!

I'd like to go back and ride the Brill ETBs.

You must really go back, since, by the time I came to Chicago, they were gone from there, and pretty much restricted to the North Side. I did ride it on Irving Park.

If I could time travel....

First, I'd have to get the necessary 1.21 giggowatts into my DeLorean :lol: , then set course for fall of 1982, spring of 1983 to see the arrival of the first D901's and ride as many as possible(especially the famous 9845 with it's Cummins engine that people are talking about it had before the cement truck accident).

First you have to make sure your Flux Capacitor is.... Fluxing! :) The bus was #9844, not 45. Flyer #9844 was equipped with a Cummins Diesel instead of the Detroit. I remember that bus engine. If you want to know what it sounded like, it is exactly like the MCTS #3700 Orions. The bus ran out of Beverly then was transferred to FGlen, thats where I started riding it. I drove it years later out of Kedzie but by then it was reequipped with the Detroit. It was destroyed in an accident on Warren Blvd. involving a cement truck around 2000. Id like to go back to the days when I would see #9844 running on the 77 Belmont.