Up to 900 Articulated Hybrids

Kevin

I agree. There are some very busy bus routes that don't normally use articulated buses but could use the help of those to alleviate the problem.

Any particular reason you're answering a question from over a year ago making a case for expanded artic use when CTA will be going in the opposite direction and scaling back service, closing shop at Archer garage and tanking the remaining 6000s come Feb.? Though it may be possible that what artics are here may see expanded use at that time from more people being at the stops with the reduced frequencies.

Any particular reason you're answering a question from over a year ago making a case for expanded artic use when CTA will be going in the opposite direction and scaling back service, closing shop at Archer garage and tanking the remaining 6000s come Feb.? Though it may be possible that what artics are here may see expanded use at that time from more people being at the stops with the reduced frequencies.

Hmmm... I remember hearing "2 60-ft buses can replace 3 40-ft buses." As for the 6000 series (my personal opinion), it's time for them to go anyhow. CTA would pretty much have to put the order for more artics on hold until they're altogether financially stable.

Hmmm... I remember hearing "2 60-ft buses can replace 3 40-ft buses." As for the 6000 series (my personal opinion), it's time for them to go anyhow. CTA would pretty much have to put the order for more artics on hold until they're altogether financially stable.

Except that the state has not given them the money to exercise the order. The only possible justification now would be that the existing fleet, minus the 6000s, is inadequate to provide the level of service contemplated by the 2010 budget. That argument could be made, but then CTA would, in effect, have to mothball the 40 foot Novas for 60 foot NFs [probably on a 1-1 basis, since the complaint would be that the Novas can't handle the projected passenger load], and there is no indication that it intends to do so.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Even worse it is a 6 foot artic. I actually think cta might have something similar in its mini bus collection that runs the parade circuit. Dont know if its an artic . Maybe 7500. But they definitely  have 6 foot #3200's!!

IIRC, Flx or a 5800.