Huberman out the door...

cta_44499_FG

Reading the bio from the 2000 hiring (Carter will be responsible for directing and coordinating the principal planning and operating duties of the administrative functions), seems perfect for the job. Now we know the identity of who can't plan anything. If this guy is the director (or whatever) of planning ......, he certainly has done a wonderful job in helping to coordinate garage bus assingments (for example). Should be wonderful in the role of " the big tuna", even if it is for a short time !!!!!

I hope he is made perm. Very experienced and capable manager.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DE60LFR 9000 - the b @ Jan 31 2009, 07:16 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He's a Kruesi clone.

Moving from Huberman to Carter is a step down IMO.

Interesting...Why do you think so? I only know what ive heard, which are good things, but could be wrong...

Yes I have to ask the same? Kruesi was just down right bad. There have been some improvements since he left about two years ago despite the missteps. I don't think anyone can drop lower than him, but I could be wrong as well......

Just heard on the CBS 2 News at 10p.

Ron Huberman 'comes out of the closet'.

To each their own.... but this sure shocked me!!! :blink:

I'm not saying anything was obvious because it was more a suspicion than definite knowledge, but having plenty of gay friends it doesn't really surprise me. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause any complications from among the more close-minded people living in the city. His doing the job of managing these kids' education well should be the main concern, and this new revelation is really a nonissue.

I'm not saying anything was obvious because it was more a suspicion than definite knowledge, but having plenty of gay friends it doesn't really surprise me. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause any complications from among the more close-minded people living in the city. His doing the job of managing these kids' education well should be the main concern, and this new revelation is really a nonissue.

Read on for more:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/140...erman01.article

His speaking to high school kids to find out what they themselves think needs to be improved is a good first step because they are some of whom will be affected by future decisions. Why not get some of the kids' input? I'm not saying let kids dictate the policy, but there are many teacher and principals, both groups of who do have education backgrounds, who don't take that simple step of listening to their students concerns or just talking with the kids. My elementary school principal knew the names of every single child in the school and the names all who peviously attended and either graduated or transferred out. His replacement from the year after I graduated was hard pressed to even know the names of five, and I think that lack of getting to know the kids partly contributed in the school's drop in performance because this was indicative of her lack of motivation of the kids. Add communicating with kids with input from their parents and teachers, some kind of improvement should be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Huberman is even making the most of his daily commute, talking with high school students on the bus to find out "what puts the sparkle in their eyes."

"They immediately share with me their MySpace page, Facebook page, HotMail, Google," said Huberman, whose mother is a retired high school teacher. "This is the language by which kids operate. How we can harness technology to enhance the educational experience is something we need to explore."

Wow, that's impressive. If he's really listening to the kids as well as the educators and feds, the schools are in good hands.

Wow, that's impressive. If he's really listening to the kids as well as the educators and feds, the schools are in good hands.

Fox News was running a crawl that someone was suing to block Huberman's appointment. I was thinking that it was over a matter of substance, such as my pointing out on various occasions that his appointment as Executive Director of the CTA violated Sec. 27 of the MTA Act, because he was not experienced in transit (even though he was better than his predecessor). However, as described in the Chi-Town Daily News, it is more of a question of statutory construction whether the city council has to ratify the appointment, which is of little interest to me, given the rubber stamp nature of the city council (and the CTA Board, for that matter), although some south side alderpeople might might raise an objection. In any event, I won't be funding either type of suit.

As far as listening to the kids, I wonder if he will be riding any of the buses with students who were causing problems during the Duncan years, such as Austin H.S. students being bused to Clemente, or Englewood to Hyde Park, so that the former schools could be made over into something else.

At least that explains all the short turns on BusTracker. (I didn't understand the Garfield from Lowe runs until I found out a high school was built there.)

I was wondering if he would be riding any of the Julian school trippers... :unsure:
That sort of combines all of his "skills" as a cop, transit official, and school superintendent. Remember the reports about him busting people on the L?

• 7 months later...

Sun-Times headline: Exclusive: Dorval Carter Jr. to become acting CTA president....

And now Crain's headline
Dorval Carter Jr. is resigning at the end of the month as the CTA's chief administrative officer to become chief counsel for the Federal Transit Administration.

Just like with Kruesi, the revolving door turns easier with Rahm at the controls.

I just read the article. All I can say is WOW!! I ain't mad at him for leaving. And what it tells me is something's wrong with the administration and the mayor. How do you hire a guy with NO public transit experience as president and as another as board chairman? You got a guy in house and he gets passed over? Yeah I'd be gone too.

I just read the article. All I can say is WOW!! I ain't mad at him for leaving. And what it tells me is something's wrong with the administration and the mayor. How do you hire a guy with NO public transit experience as president and as another as board chairman? You got a guy in house and he gets passed over? Yeah I'd be gone too.

Rumor has it that there are others who are leaving. No announcement has been made.

... You got a guy in house and he gets passed over? Yeah I'd be gone too.

Carter said at the time he didn't want the permanent position. A more likely scenario is that as I described--he asked Rahm or Axelrod for a way out. Then, like Frank, he can claim federal experience on his resume. However, I note that Kevin's original post had a link to a statement that he was coming from the FTA to CTA, so I guess it is just the revolving door.

Rumor has it that there are others who are leaving. No announcement has been made.

Probably. We heard about Huberman bringing in his PowerPoint staff. Now, it was reported in the Sun-Times that while Huberman was running OEMC, he let a contract fraud pass under his nose. What is more significant is that they reported that he had taken his assistant from OEMC to CTA to CPS, but that since neither "works for the city," the Inspector General said, in effect, that they were beyond being disciplined. I suppose that now Rodriguez wants to bring in people from Aviation, and maybe Peterson from CHA. Good luck, considering how those agencies were run.

I think that the Daley administration has run dry, so far as recycling personnel is concerned.