Huberman out the door...

cta_44499_FG

For those of you who haven't noticed by now:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/139...-012709.article

--------------

With this in mind, who could possibly be next to run this tattered organization? What are your thoughts?

Maybe they'll sell the CTA presidents seat much like Blago-g-rod tried to do with Obama's senate seat (spiking the joke seats on E-bay during that week) :P

I nominate Busjack!

Blago will need a job next week.

My first act, to keep the South Side and cta5555 happy is a bus swap between FG and C and 103 and 74.

However, since I have no clout with Daley, I'm not going to get the job.

Also, note that there is no discussion of the BOARD doing a search for the best person.

My first act, to keep the South Side and cta5555 happy is a bus swap between FG and C and 103 and 74.

You just lost my vote !!! :lol:

The comment about Frank, although probably 100% true, scares me and is quite

possible. However, I think even Richie realizes the boob Frank is...remember, he

screwed up his lobbying recently too.

I nominate Busjack!

Ah, but Busjack must give the CTA a donation first!!! Remember that President's seat is [bleeping] golden.... They're not giving it up for [bleeping] nothing!!! No donation, [bleep] you!!! :lol:

On the idea of Blagojevich being CTA President.... hell no!!! I've had all I can stand of his poetry spouting, cowboy story telling, comparing himself to Mandela, King Jr., Ghandi, Mother Teresa self!!! The only place I'd nominate him for is Bellview State Home for the Mentally Insane!!!

Kramden to Blago: Bellview's calling!!!

I'll throw in a sales pitch just for fun(I know I can't get nominated, but just for fun!!!)

If I get nominated, I'll work on getting the BRT corridors back on track in Chicago. I'll also see about getting some 60' buses to replace the dilapidated NABI 60-LFW's. NOVA's are overdue for a mid-life rehab, I'll make sure they get that. Bus and Rail Operators will get improved healthcare and dental coverage for them and their family(if I remember correctly, Operators don't have dental, and medical is only for the operator). CTA will go green during my tenure as CTA Commander-In-Cheif. All gas and diesel powered vehicles will be replaced by gas and diesel-hybrids within 10 years.

Now the rails:

Slow zones will probably be done before I get elected. All lines will be A/C ready. the 5000's will start out on the Brown Line, the 3200's will replace and retire the 2200's on the Blue and Pink Lines. As more 5000's come in, they will go to the Green and Purple lines, retiring the 2400's. Then any more options left will go to the Red and Blue Lines to begin retirement of the oldest 2600's still in service. As more capital funding comes in, I'll finish replacing the 2600's, and order more 5000's to began retirement of the 3200's, and also start work on the talked about but not started circle line. Every car will be kept tidy throughout the day, as will the stations. Rail Cars will be cleaned before they leave the yard, at layover periods, and during the night. Rail Stations will be cleaned 3x daily(Sunday 2x).

Of course, I cannot be the CTA President, but it was fun to make these campaign promises. Now if only I could see if I make these happen during my tenure(provided I was elected).... Oh well, just goes to show you anybody here could be better than Blago. And what's more.... no poetry or cowboy stories :lol:

Guest ctafan630

You just lost my vote !!! :lol:

The comment about Frank, although probably 100% true, scares me and is quite

possible. However, I think even Richie realizes the boob Frank is...remember, he

screwed up his lobbying recently too.

How about nominating former FEMA chief Michael D. Brown - "you're doing a heck of a job, Brownie."

YOU KNOW MAYBE THEY WILL NOMINATE OPRAH TO RUN THE CTA!!!! EWWWWWWW!!! yUK!! AWFUL THOUGHT HUH??
As Oprah said, "I have a day job, a midday job, a night job..." Also, while she can run an empire, I doubt that she would do it for $200K or so.

I forgot another of the planks in my platform: To put as many 6900 series Nova LFSs and 9000 series Nova LFXs on the street as soon as possible.

As Oprah said, "I have a day job, a midday job, a night job..." Also, while she can run an empire, I doubt that she would do it for $200K or so.

I forgot another of the planks in my platform: To put as many 6900 series Nova LFSs and 9000 series Nova LFXs on the street as soon as possible.

THERES TOO MUCH OF OPRAH AS IT IS. THATS ALL WE NEED NOW IS FOR HER IN THE SENATE OR IN THE CTA! HERES A FUNNY THOUGHT OF HOW CTA WOULD LOOK IF OPRAH WAS RUNNING IT. IF SHE RAN CTA, FOR ALL WE KNOW WE WOULD HAVE THE OPRAH GARAGE! OR THE OPRAH LINE! EVERY BUS AND RAIL CAR WOULD HAVE THAT "O" ON IT. YOU WOULD SEE THAT OPRAH FACE AD WRAPPED ON ALL 2200 BUSES IN CTA's FLEET AND THE ENTIRE 1200 RAIL CAR FLEET. WE WOULD HAVE THE OPRAH STATION CONNECTING TO THE GAYLE KING LINE!. SHE WOULD BUY AN ENTIRE FLEET OF BUSES AND CHARGE THE PEOPLE OF CHICAGO WITH THE BILL. THE BUS ANNUNCIATOR SYSTEM WOULD HAVE OPRAHS VOICE CALLING THE STOPS. EVERY CTA BUS WITH OPRAHS PICTURE ALL OVER IT, EWWWWWW !!! NO THANKS! :angry:

FOR ALL WE KNOW WE WOULD HAVE THE OPRAH GARAGE! OR THE OPRAH LINE! ...

We were talking about Obama Parkway before, but the odds of the 117 Blago Blvd. bus seem out the window. (In connection with the thread on destination signs, I wonder how that would have fit.) Of course, there were the Blago I-Pass lanes. The Oprah Garage probably would be more fashionable (or her chef would cook lunch for the mechanics).

Maybe Avenue O can be renamed. Then you would have the 30 Oprah S. Chicago bus.

SHE WOULD BUY AN ENTIRE FLEET OF BUSES AND CHARGE THE PEOPLE OF CHICAGO WITH THE BILL.
No, she would have Pontiac give them to each of the Lake Forest ladies in her audience. You Get a Bus! You too!

We were talking about Obama Parkway before, but the odds of the 117 Blago Blvd. bus seem out the window. (In connection with the thread on destination signs, I wonder how that would have fit.) Of course, there were the Blago I-Pass lanes. The Oprah Garage probably would be more fashionable (or her chef would cook lunch for the mechanics).

Maybe Avenue O can be renamed. Then you would have the 30 Oprah S. Chicago bus.

No, she would have Pontiac give them to each of the Lake Forest ladies in her audience. You Get a Bus! You too!

SHE WILL SET UP A CONTRACT WITH NABI FOR 300 BUSES, YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! :lol:

SHE WILL SET UP A CONTRACT WITH NABI FOR 300 BUSES, YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! YOU GET A BUS! :lol:

The fact that Huberman is going to be running one of the worst public school systems in the country scares me in a lot of ways... largely from the sense that I think the district needs someone who knows and understands education and who can innovatively think outside of the box to work tirelessly to solve the real underlying challenges of the district.

The fact that Huberman is going to be running one of the worst public school systems in the country scares me in a lot of ways... largely from the sense that I think the district needs someone who knows and understands education and who can innovatively think outside of the box to work tirelessly to solve the real underlying challenges of the district.

Hey hey now I was a product of the Chicago Public Schools my friend! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lane Tech '03!!

Now look at me...I'm part of another beleagured organization and I'm mentally insane! Lol. No just kidding. But I agree with your points. Maybe there is, however, the distinct possibility that the troubles at hand rely with management. However, if they were to get anyone whom can manage and also understands education I think it would be the D.C. system chancellor Michelle Rhee, whom has made quite a name for herself already.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1862444,00.html

However, time will tell. Meanwhile, lets worry about who's running the CTA!

Hey hey now I was a product of the Chicago Public Schools my friend! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lane Tech '03!!

Now look at me...I'm part of another beleagured organization and I'm mentally insane! Lol. No just kidding. But I agree with your points. Maybe there is, however, the distinct possibility that the troubles at hand rely with management. However, if they were to get anyone whom can manage and also understands education I think it would be the D.C. system chancellor Michelle Rhee, whom has made quite a name for herself already.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1862444,00.html

However, time will tell. Meanwhile, lets worry about who's running the CTA!

I agree... I am also curious as to who will run the CTA. It bothers me (and a whole lot of others) that there isnt a lot of stability at the senior level at the CTA. At the very least, I hope the next person KNOWS transit and is a very capable manager.

Guest ctafan630

Would the bus come with a bus driver? If I drive my bus around the city would I have to pick up people on the corner or can I blow right by them.

Dorval Carter will be appointed Acting President at a special board meeting on Friday. Carter joined the CTA in 2000 as the Executive Vice President for Management and Performance.

Reading the bio from the 2000 hiring (Carter will be responsible for directing and coordinating the principal planning and operating duties of the administrative functions), seems perfect for the job. Now we know the identity of who can't plan anything. If this guy is the director (or whatever) of planning ......, he certainly has done a wonderful job in helping to coordinate garage bus assingments (for example). Should be wonderful in the role of " the big tuna", even if it is for a short time !!!!!

Reading the bio from the 2000 hiring (Carter will be responsible for directing and coordinating the principal planning and operating duties of the administrative functions), seems perfect for the job. Now we know the identity of who can't plan anything. If this guy is the director (or whatever) of planning ......, he certainly has done a wonderful job in helping to coordinate garage bus assingments (for example). Should be wonderful in the role of " the big tuna", even if it is for a short time !!!!!
Most of the references are to him being the planner during FRANK's administration. I wonder if his responsibilities changed under Ron. I would think that being a planner for Frank would be even a worse indictment, even though the recent bus swaps and inability to decide where the NFs should go are attributable to Ron's.

Also, another revolving door appointment, such as Frank. I wonder how the FTA was really run during the Clinton years, and if we will be seeing the same under LaHood's watch.

Sun-Times headline: Exclusive: Dorval Carter Jr. to become acting CTA president.

Not so exclusive, since our fearless leader posted the agenda item here. The S-T might have been the first with the vote, but that was preordained.

You can see from the mush about whether Carter wants the full time job and Carole Brown having to talk to Mayor Daley that the Board again intends to abdicate its statutory duty to appoint an Executive Director.