Nova Classic Retirement

jesi2282

What a shame they were my FAVORITE buses next to the Orion I's :( I remember my first Nova ride on route 208 back in 1998 and the last one in 2009 on the 331

RIP Nova's sad.gif

I was gonna say the Novas were on the 208?! But then realized that route is totally different now than it was 12 years ago. RIP Novas.

I was gonna say the Novas were on the 208?! But then realized that route is totally different now than it was 12 years ago. RIP Novas.

I'll say right now that #208 is one of the longest routes in the system and I think Northwest Division had some Novas when they were brand new, I remember ridin one on #270 around the late 90s. Or was 208 ran from North Shore before then until it got took over 209 from Des Plaines to Schaumburg?

R.I.P Novas- my favorite retired fleet now.

Wow, those were the last 2 left. What a shame to see them go.

I was pretty shocked that them 3 (former West Division #2398-2400) were already gone, 2400 was my favorite when they were at West. And #2384 (survived from fire) and 2379 (very last active) was my favorite from SW.

I was pretty shocked that them 3 (former West Division #2398-2400) were already gone, 2400 was my favorite when they were at West. And #2384 (survived from fire) and 2379 (very last active) was my favorite from SW.

They were beautiful buses!. Probably the best looking buses Pace ever aquired since the GMC fishbowls.

Keep us posted. I have no idea what it would cost but could be a fun project for a few to split!

Based on what Pace reported and did not report with regard to the last bus sale on its contract award page (reference), it looks like about $1500 for a Nova. They reported that the listed Orions went to the scrap yard for about $900 each, and a total of 27 buses went for $31,000.

As jesi pointed out when this process started, the buses for sale are listed in the Contract Opportunities page, so there isn't any secret about the process. Of course, you have to provide the means to drive or tow it off the property.