Can't swear on MCTS Busses

Archon

This is great It Made my day. If you swear on a MCTS bus it can cost some money. Hey if they did this for everyone who swore on the bus we would not need funding for our system

http://www.wisn.com/news/26262310/detail.html

All I'm gonna say is if only the Chicago system had the funds to have undercover deputies on our bus system. You would not see some of the really bad crimes, shootings, and other things that happen on CTA. He absolutely deserved to have that ticket. That's an everyday thing w/CTA and it really needs to stop.

All I'm gonna say is if only the Chicago system had the funds to have undercover deputies on our bus system. You would not see some of the really bad crimes, shootings, and other things that happen on CTA. He absolutely deserved to have that ticket. That's an everyday thing w/CTA and it really needs to stop.

We already pay to have police patrol the system. Chicago Police even has transit detail specific officers. Making some of them plainclothes undercovers could work. The only problem with that is in Chicago with all of the cussing, you couldn't ticket enough people, especially on a route with a lot of high schoolers. I won't even mention the people who use their cell phones as boomboxes. If I am not mistaken, Washington D.C. Metro nabs people for eating on its buses and trains.

If only this stuff could be enforced on Metra as well.

We already pay to have police patrol the system. Chicago Police even has transit detail specific officers. Making some of them plainclothes undercovers could work. The only problem with that is in Chicago with all of the cussing, you couldn't ticket enough people, especially on a route with a lot of high schoolers. I won't even mention the people who use their cell phones as boomboxes. If I am not mistaken, Washington D.C. Metro nabs people for eating on its buses and trains.

If only this stuff could be enforced on Metra as well.

I believe they already have plainclothes officers on CTA. The CTA cameras in the buses are supposed to have the ability to hear your conversation with the driver as well as see it. Now if they could get everyone on smart cards identifying riders and beef up the audio recording to hear the entire bus, they could actually police such a thing if the offender was caught in the act, as crazy as that sounds. They could get a ticket in the mail with the supporting evidence like they do for red light cameras. The minors parents could get the tickets, if it's an underage offense. Also, this could also deter crime such as assaults and thefts as everyone is identified on the system. So it could actually add security to a customer's ride.

What happened to freedom of speech? Are you serious? You actually think this is a good idea? I truely understand the aggravation of having to listen to profane language and loud conversations on public transportation. But to make profanity illegal; certain spoken words coming out of your mouth; whether it's justified or not; $500? Going into who's pocket, the word police?

What happened to freedom of speech? Are you serious? You actually think this is a good idea? I truely understand the aggravation of having to listen to profane language and loud conversations on public transportation. But to make profanity illegal; certain spoken words coming out of your mouth; whether it's justified or not; $500? Going into who's pocket, the word police?

It's the issue that disorderly conduct laws are still constitutional. I suppose that the defendant could raise a 14th Amendment issue, but it is going to cost him more for the lawyer than the fine.

As they say, the 1st Amendment (applicable here through the 14th) doesn't allow you to yell fire in a crowded theater. Even CraigyFerg gets a French flag over his mouth when he says, whatever.

But I was expecting someone to post this, and was surprised it took two days.