MCI on local PACE route

PACE 834

They've shown up on 355, including after it was cut back to Hegewisch.

However, there seems little point on 356, which probably could be served by an ElDorado, if South had any.

I don't believe South has any ElDorados, but they do have quite a few 6600s and I'm sure they are always on that route. I can only think there was a shortage of buses that day.

By the way, 356 doesn't appear on Webwatch. Any reason why?

I don't believe South has any ElDorados, but they do have quite a few 6600s and I'm sure they are always on that route. I can only think there was a shortage of buses that day.

By the way, 356 doesn't appear on Webwatch. Any reason why?

1. I knew the first.

2. 356 is a new route, and Pace has not, in any recent history (at least since the 2005 restructurings, except partially in Joliet), updated its data.

With everything going Low Floor with CTA and PACE, will this be the end of the MCI Motorcoaches once they reach retirement age? Also, are these coaches Wheelchair Accessible?

As to the latter, yes. ADA regs require that all motor coaches be accessible, and usually there is a lift stowed in the luggage compartment that takes the wheelchair to a door (not the regular passenger door) on the right side of the bus. These buses have such.

As far as if this is the end, there was the bid for motor coaches for the 655/755/855/889 service, but that was withdrawn, and Keeshin supplies motor coaches for 755/855. The only thing the picture signifies is that the demand for motor coaches on 877/888 is not what was earlier projected.

You didn't say what time of day you saw this. I always see the MCI's on the 877 and the 888. Depending on the time of day ( late afternoon or early evening maybe?), this bus could've been swapped after it completed the 888 at the Homewood TC. Maybe it was the last spare they had. Sometimes I used to see them on the 892 UPS route to/from Indiana, but mostly NABIs. You never know with Pace though. I have actually noted before that one was on the Markham U.S. Cellular route before.

It seems as though transit systems around the country are going more and more with MCI motorcoaches for their longer suburban to city routes, most notably the Twin Cities area and the Houston area. I would like to see more motorcoaches here. For example, I read that Pace was recently studying the possibility of supplemental bus service along the Metra HC corridor. However, knowing Pace, if they do go through with it, it will be using the contractor's coaches.

A local route like the 356 seems to be a bad place for a motorcoach, but sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do.

Yesterday morning! I've saw an MCI on I-94/80 Westbound at Lansing passing Torrence Ave. Exit with a sign "route 364" but it seems that that bus came from doing Gary/UPS/E.Chicago run. Or is the sign got broken or on its way to do 364.

To answer to PACE834: An MCI doing 356????? That is insane!! That route would better off with an Eldo.