PACE Driver Beaten

sw4400

Investigators say the driver was beaten after a man in his 20s was told he wasn't allowed to eat on the bus.

So this comes from the driver enforcing posted rules, apparently. Funny how there are more and more people out there that have an over-inflated sense of entitlement, that rules don't apply to them.

Then again, if this happened at North Division, the General Fuhrer at the garage would probably make the beaten driver sign a last chance agreement, and be subject to retraining, as well as "sensitivity training".:angry:

Some scumbag piece of garbage who thinks the rules and laws dont apply to him! I hope he reads this!!!

If you notice the pic, the passenger was heading to the back of the bus and the bus is definitely an El Dorado. That's all Joliet has now. Could it be time to bring back buses with back doors so incidents like this doesn't happen again? Because I guarantee you, if it was a 6600, this clown would've exited the back door. I would think drivers are more vulnerable now with the El Dorados because passengers now have to get off the front of the bus instead of the back.

If you notice the pic, the passenger was heading to the back of the bus and the bus is definitely an El Dorado. That's all Joliet has now. Could it be time to bring back buses with back doors so incidents like this doesn't happen again? Because I guarantee you, if it was a 6600, this clown would've exited the back door. I would think drivers are more vulnerable now with the El Dorados because passengers now have to get off the front of the bus instead of the back.

I agree, when PACE gets back into ordering 40-foot buses soon then I hope Joliet and possibly Aurora area will get at least some of their 35 footers NABI back(especially from West/ South Division). Joliet is too Medium size of city for having only 30-foot buses with one door, it's too unsafe partly because more people from the bad parts of Inner city of Chicago moves to Joliet and cause trouble.

• According to all reports, including the linked one, the incident was precipitated by the driver telling the guy not to eat on the bus.
  • As indicated by the on-bus photography of the guy convicted of shooting into the CTA bus, the news media didn't show the picture of him shooting into the bus, but the one of him walking to the back, because that was the most identifiable. Essentially the same reason why this picture was published.
  • If a person is dumb enough to assault a bus driver knowing that he is on camera, there isn't much the transit authority can do about it except make sure that the camera gets a good enough picture and the driver has a trouble button. From the linked story, apparently the Pace camera doesn't have as much definition as the CTA camera, but probably has enough.

So, there seems to be a collective brain cramp if someone thinks this would be prevented by having a back door on the bus, if the gps counters don't justify it. From that picture, that bus sure doesn't look full. It certainly wasn't even like the CTA incident where the guy shot because he felt dissed because he bumped into someone. This guy assaulted a bus driver. The only question is whether the picture is good enough that the JPD can catch him

And, if any of you are hanging this on the story saying "The passenger was getting off the bus when he turned and punched the driver," he still could have used the front door to exit a 6600. The intent was to "punch the driver."