Chicago Transit Authority Updates: II

CURRENTZ_09

#Exactly, but then that would cost money to reprint those maps to reflect the fare changes when the brochure clearly covers the fare changes. They were in conflict with the Crowd Reduction Plan & The Fare changes

I said IF they hadn't printed any in paper form, which if they didn't yet do so and only the pdf of the system map is currently published, how much money does it take to go into a computer file and change one section of the saved document? That situation would be similar to some, myself included, finding errors and discrepancies in the advanced version of the new 148 schedule maps in the days before December 16th only to have those corrected by the time December 16th rolled around.

I said IF they hadn't printed any in paper form, which if they didn't yet do so and only the pdf of the system map is currently published, how much money does it take to go into a computer file and change one section of the saved document? That situation would be similar to some, myself included, finding errors and discrepancies in the advanced version of the new 148 schedule maps in the days before December 16th only to have those corrected by the time December 16th rolled around.

#I stand corrected, but as stated from the post above, CTA isn't going to do revisions on the map

#I stand corrected, but as stated from the post above, CTA isn't going to do revisions on the map

As far as it goes, since Emanuel said there wasn't a fare increase, and except at O'Hare there wasn't one if you use cash or stored fare media, pass holders are going to find out as soon as their passes have to be renewed after Jan. 14, if they were heretofore oblivious.

Especially since CTA always claims to be broke, I don't know what the fascination is over them printing something that is otherwise available.

Especially since CTA always claims to be broke, I don't know what the fascination is over them printing something that is otherwise available.

It's also good to have something from them in hardcopy with up to date information handy when out and using an unfamiliar bus/rail route as everyone is not going to be sitting in front of a computer 24/7 to download a relevant brochure and not everyone uses a smartphone as their cell phone of choice choice.

It's also good to have something from them in hardcopy with up to date information handy when out and using an unfamiliar bus/rail route as everyone is not going to be sitting in front of a computer 24/7 to download a relevant brochure and not everyone uses a smartphone as their cell phone of choice choice.

@jajuan that's exactly my point. Most people may not reference to the printed information, but it's nice to know that you have printed information available incase of computer errors or just need a reference point to refer to when traveling to your destination. Also, it's handy when teaching new customers about travel throughout the city. it might not be a big deal to some, but to others good old fashion paperis the way they travel around & note paper was a way to reference before we had multiple technologies to choose from. Plus, watch how important this map will be to customers when it's updated in May

Speaking of fare inaccuracies, the white car cards hung up at rail stations and buses still reflect the $5 charge at O'Hare if you look at the fare chart that's on there for the 16th. Obviously that was printed up before they changed their mind on imposing this right away. Hopefully they can put some stickers or something on the signs or we might be seeing riders pay $5 anyway. :huh:

@jajuan that's exactly my point. Most people may not reference to the printed information, but it's nice to know that you have printed information available incase of computer errors or just need a reference point to refer to when traveling to your destination. Also, it's handy when teaching new customers about travel throughout the city. it might not be a big deal to some, but to others good old fashion paperis the way they travel around & note paper was a way to reference before we had multiple technologies to choose from. Plus, watch how important this map will be to customers when it's updated in May

Most computers have printers. I have to print out my weekly Dominick's "Just for U" list.

If there is any argument about "educating the users," that publicity hound Adham who was running the various races on the L system without disclosing his route complained that the CTA map was too big.

And, I mentioned earlier that CTA bus stops have route descriptions. It seems to me to be a bigger issue that the 37 bus stop signs were incorrect (Sun Times)* than someone didn't get a map with the pass fare schedule for their personal transit collection.

BTW, who told you that it would be updated in May with something important? Are they bringing 11 back??? The people using the Red Line should already know that it is being closed. They don't need a stinking map for that. Or are you still holding onto the 1994 map where the Green Line was just a squiggle?

______

*Corrected.

Speaking of fare inaccuracies, the white car cards hung up at rail stations and buses still reflect the $5 charge at O'Hare if you look at the fare chart that's on there for the 16th. Obviously that was printed up before they changed their mind on imposing this right away. Hopefully they can put some stickers or something on the signs or we might be seeing riders pay $5 anyway. :huh:

People with transit cards will be paying $5 from next Monday. Only riders with Chicago Cards will not temporarily.

I like the way in the brochure that they refer to this being a Surcharge.

"For transit trips originating at the O’Hare Blue Line station, a new surcharge of $2.75 is charged in addition to the base full fare of $2.25 for customers using Transit Cards—primarily visitors and infrequent users.

Recognizing the significant population of workers based at O’Hare who need access to affordable transportation, CTA is working with the Chicago Department of Aviation to develop a system to permanently exempt employees working on O’Hare International Airport property from the $5 fare. Until that system is developed, all riders using Chicago Card or Chicago Card Plus cards are temporarily exempt from paying the full $5 fare."

Most computers have printers. I have to print out my weekly Dominick's "Just for U" list.

If there is any argument about "educating the users," that publicity hound Adham who was running the various races on the L system without disclosing his route complained that the CTA map was too big.

And, I mentioned earlier that CTA bus stops have route descriptions. It seems to me to be a bigger issue that the 37 bus stop signs were incorrect (Sun Times)* than someone didn't get a map with the pass fare schedule for their personal transit collection.

BTW, who told you that it would be updated in May with something important? Are they bringing 11 back??? The people using the Red Line should already know that it is being closed. They don't need a stinking map for that. Or are you still holding onto the 1994 map where the Green Line was just a squiggle?

______

*Corrected.

Well @Busjack, well have to wait until May 2013, now won't we?????

And the usual CurrentZ.

But since you want to make it personal, tell us all:

Did you ask CTA "Customer Service" to mail it to you at a Milwaukee

Wouldnt "Busjack" Like to "Know"??????????????????

Did you ask CTA "Customer Service" to mail it to you at a Milwaukee

Sorry if I sent you off the deep end.

But, as an Illinois taxpayer, I ought to know if the CTA is wasting my tax money [in this case by mailing stuff outside its service area].

Sorry if I sent you off the deep end.

But, as an Illinois taxpayer, I ought to know if the CTA is wasting my tax money [in this case by mailing stuff outside its service area].

Nope, your just boring entertainment to pass the time. As always, a conversation begins and then the party pooper comes in to ruin it for everybody else. Thanks Busjack, Really Thanks............

This topic is no longer contributing to the forum and has been closed.

CTA is not obligated to print a new map following fare changes. The line "Fares are subject to change." was added to the map a few years ago with scenarios like this in mind.

• Upvote 1