Quick Question to Bus Repairman.

busfan4022

Bus Repairman,

I'm not really sure how long you've been with the CTA, but seeing how you can talk about your experience with the Americanas, I would say you've been around since the 1980's.  That being said, I'd like you to give me your thoughts(pros and cons, I.Y.O.) on these buses...

-Flyer D901A's(9800-9974)(1600-1624)

-M.A.N Articulateds(7000-7019)(7100-7224).  These are probably about the same, but being four years apart, there might be some notable differences with them.

The Seattle M.A.N Articulateds(7300-7413)

-M.A.N Americanas(4000-4361): You may have covered these in the M.A.N Americana post, if you did fine, but if not elaborate your pros and cons on these buses.

-The buses of today(From the TMC RTS(4400-4875) to the New Flyers(1000-1019?).  Try your best on the 1000 Series.  I've never seen or ridden them, but you may have had the opportunity being a bus repairer.  You say you drive them all day long, and I presume you've driven at least one since their delivery began.

And finally, tell us your favorite bus you've ever worked on/driven.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this a question to bus repairman, but i can answer that for you. Most likey youll see them on the University rotes(like 173). But sometimes there on routes other than that. Like on #28,x28,, Youll see them on mostly any 103st route.

Your best chance to ride is the University routes, I Almost never on 14 anymore:( .  or during the weekday you have a better chance on 28,etc.   Try looking on the University routes first.

• 4 weeks later...