New MCTS 5400 series buses

Archon

I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that the destination signs on the 5400s are Luminators. However, the shot of the front sign looks a lot like the Hanover sign that is on 5318. Are the 5400s actually Luminators (just a much higher resolution version), or are they Hanovers?

It looks like, instead of the Gen 4 signs, they're using the Titan signs, which have a resolution of 24 x 200. Just a guess, though. I haven't exactly popped open a 5400. :P

It looks like, instead of the Gen 4 signs, they're using the Titan signs, which have a resolution of 24 x 200. Just a guess, though. I haven't exactly popped open a 5400. :P

From the Hanover literature, it appear that their Deric or Eric operator control panels look quite different from the others, and say Hanover Displays on them, so if those boxes are not covered over, that should tell.

From the Hanover literature, it appear that their Deric or Eric operator control panels look quite different from the others, and say Hanover Displays on them, so if those boxes are not covered over, that should tell.

I thought the specs on the 5400s said they stuck with Luminator, but I could be wrong. Either way, the higher resolution is pretty cool.

Well, they're running 5404 on the 33 today as run 102. I just chanced to see it as I was walking up Vliet, so I might hop it downtown just for kicks when it's the next bus to head downtown. It's only a 2 block walk south to the layover point, so why not?

Some more info.. 5318 no longer has the Hanover sing in it it has been changed to a luminater sign just like the other 5300's have. KK no longer has any 4400's. And now some 4600's are being sent to FDL. The main problem with the 5400's is the interlock system With some buses having to be shut off and restated to get the bus to move after making a pickup. I have Driven 5405 and 5412 and had no problem with the bus I like the 5400's

I remember 4625 through 4639 starting their tenue at FDL

Me too. The first time I rode on a 4600 was on the Rt. 23 (4636), except we had to do a bus change and I think they gave the driver a bus in the 4000s or 4100s. I also remember 4600 & 4601 being the only two assigned at FDL at one point

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...