What's left for the Optima Opus' (#500 - #544)/ Lifetime assignments, in service dates, retirements

BusHunter

Except they weren't (99" instead of 96") and if there really were a 96" 40 foot bus, that would have been more compatible with what they were replacing. One still wonders what they were thinking in buying 45 instead of the 15 needed for the 170s, and especially having options for up to 125. At least they didn't exercise those.

I didn't say that they were 96 inches wide. Though I didn't say it as clearly as could have been said, my point sir was merely that they are narrower in width than the rest of the fleet similar to the 4900s and the ex-Pace Orions due to CTA wanting a 30 ft bus that was as narrow as possible. My point is still the same that if they try for a 30 ft bus again, they'll very likely want to go with a standard width 30 footer. Thanks for the clarification though even if you were a bit quick to correct a statement that wasn't made. ;):)

• 6 years later...
39 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Hell they can use the 500 numbers again since the 500's been retired since 2014-15 somewhere in there 

The question is whether CTA got rid of the last one in the yard. It sold off most, not all, downstate.

It reminds me of when CTA had two 7412s (a New Look and an artic), but the former eventually became 7412-WB.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The question is whether CTA got rid of the last one in the yard. It sold off most, not all, downstate.

It reminds me of when CTA had two 7412s (a New Look and an artic), but the former eventually became 7412-WB.

There’s two left in the boneyard perhaps they could be there long as the 5900s

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

i forgot the numbers but i remember seeing 2 in the boneyard a couple weeks ago

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Last time I seen it was like4-5  in the boneyard left 

• 2 weeks later...