Old School Video With CTA

mikeymc77

Found this on You Tube. A bunch of interesting stuff.

Credit ti WHTSOXX74

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWi54vhGlQY

Very cool montage of how our city has evolved over the past five or six decades, both from looking at it from a transit point of view and looking back at our city in a general since. It's interesting how our city has changed so much and at the same time has stayed the same.

Very cool montage of how our city has evolved over the past five or six decades, both from looking at it from a transit point of view and looking back at our city in a general since. It's interesting how our city has changed so much and at the same time has stayed the same.

From the bad music, I think this has been posted before.

Well the music can be muted or ignored if you're not into mix music, and other than that if it has been posted before it doesn't hurt to see it posted again as some people may not have seen it before.

I originally posted it in another thread, I think CTA in videos/movies or something like that.

The music, though maybe not your style, is classic Chicago House Music. I only posted because of the many clips of CTA buses and trains from years gone by, but it was the music that got me to that video in the first place.

I originally posted it in another thread, I think CTA in videos/movies or something like that.

The music, though maybe not your style, is classic Chicago House Music. I only posted because of the many clips of CTA buses and trains from years gone by, but it was the music that got me to that video in the first place.

The reference to the music was more explanatory of why I thought this was a rerun.

Found this on You Tube. A bunch of interesting stuff.

Credit ti WHTSOXX74

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWi54vhGlQY

Very cool video. Thanks for posting it. Although I do not consider myself a fan of house music, that genre is a fitting backdrop to the scenes included in the video. Had they used Frank Sinatra singing "My Kind of Town" or "Chicago (That Toddlin' Town)" I would have been forced to take drastic measures.

Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

Found this video of the old Isabella station in 1964

At least demonstrates that it is the same station as on the Bob Newhart Show, circa 1972, still in MeTV.

But what is captioned as Line Car 5606 is really S606 (S in the front for Service Car).

• Upvote 1