Holiday Train 2013

TheBrunswickBowler

I was on the Santa Express for a few stops in the loop on the Pink line yesterday. It was packed. Tonight the train had a blue light defect (by the doors) on one of the cars and the exterior xmas lights were out on that one car. Second to last car, might have been #2897 if the cars were in the same configuration as yesterday. I never saw that before.

Santa must get pretty cold riding out there. :)

So, Im assuming that the Holiday Train will be broken into 2 sets for the Christmas Eve Yellow Line Run on Monday. I will say this, the 2013 train was a nice run for the train. The Glam was there, but not as much glitz to my liking this year. I hope for 2014, the GLITZ RETURNS, but overall, it was great to see the CTA end on a high note for 2013

Happy Holidays from the Yellow Line & The CTA Holiday Train Monday Finale. The 6 car train (plus flatbed) were broken up into sets of 2 cars ( minus the flatbed that sits at home @ Skokie Rail Maintenance Buliding). Apparently, there are 2 Santa's that work on the Holiday Train & each one was on the Yellow Line on the train (both were not on the car at the same time). Trains got a little packed as the 7:20 cut off was approching but overall, the service was great. It seems the employees were a little overwhelmed but glad that this season of the Holiday Train is over. A sound recommendation for the CTA would be to create a special brochure that outlines rules & restrictions along with a brief & general description about the train and its history. The website can only do so much as to where a general brochure can detail so much more

post-1441-0-84900600-1387955463_thumb.jp