What's left for CTA #900's/In Service And Retirement Dates

BusHunter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The other half of the 900s seems like they're done including #904 (on the left) and #909 (wrapped).

Where's #909? I'd think that would be the last one with it's wrap and LED headlights. ISE going out of business is really slamming the door shut on these buses. Too bad I liked these buses too. I wonder if it would be too hard to convert those back to diesels or rehab those to follow suit with the #800's, but they would probably need to go to a third party bus rebuilder for that.

• Upvote 3

Where's #909? I'd think that would be the last one with it's wrap and LED headlights. ISE going out of business is really slamming the door shut on these buses. Too bad I liked these buses too. I wonder if it would be too hard to convert those back to diesels or rehab those to follow suit with the #800's, but they would probably need to go to a third party bus rebuilder for that.

#909 has to be in the middle. Man, as much as I wanted them to be in operation it would be very difficult to convert them to anything! Hell, look what they did to the 5900s! Deja vu much???

.... Hell, look what they did to the 5900s! Deja vu much???

Again, it gets back to what "a one year test" means. In this case, about 7.

However, despite ISE going out of business,New Flyer said it was still providing support tor the buses, although the language of that release may indicate only to the extent of honoring warranties.

However, despite ISE going out of business,New Flyer said it was still providing support tor the buses, although the language of that release may indicate only to the extent of honoring warranties.

Wow. Now that really makes me wonder whether they're being on bs or CTA is just plain stupid.

Wow. Now that really makes me wonder whether they're being on bs or CTA is just plain stupid.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Basically, though, the only evidence you have that they are out of service is that some of them are parked next to the Optimas, which themselves are presumed to be out of service.

Nobody has said here what is supposedly wrong with them. Some of them are still on the street.

• Upvote 1

Like you said, Busjack, New Flyer's language indicates while in warranty. When they're out of warranty, they're pretty much, to use a Star Wars reference, Bantha fodder. The DE40LF's(ISE Thundervolt) were delivered in 2007, so they're 7 years old now, and unless they New Flyer and ISE works like Kia, giving out 10-year warranties on vehicles, they're probably just about out of warranty. When they are all out of warranty, however the warranty language was set up("X" amount of years or "X" amount of miles on the buses), you'll most likely see the rest join the others at South Shops to sit and await scrapping. Frankly, I'm still surprised 5900-5902 are still there in the bits and pieces they are.... they should've been scrapped by now! They've been parked for 14 years already!

Not sure what you mean by this.

Basically, though, the only evidence you have that they are out of service is that some of them are parked next to the Optimas, which themselves are presumed to be out of service.

Nobody has said here what is supposedly wrong with them. Some of them are still on the street.

That's why I said that. You've explained your point very well. We'll just have to wait until any information about them.

We got a problem because after carefully reviewing my shot and going up to South Shop earlier today, the bus on the right of my shot is not a 900. It's an 800!!!