Chicago transit executives on undercover boss

Good morning everyone I would like to know which Chicago Transit executive would you want to see in the CBS series undercover boss? The CTA president, the Metra CEO, or the PACE executive director? Thank you.

Maybe Melinda Metzger, but other than that. the concept doesn't work, because it has been adequately demonstrated that most in charge here don't know what they are doing, and probably would not be interested in learning anything from the rank and file. In Melinda's case, the "undercover" part doesn't work because pretty much everyone knows who she is.

Seriously, does anyone envision Claypool at a lubrication station at a garage? Or even going along with Kevin O'Connor of Ask This Old House for a tour of the wheel lathe (they are still playing that as filler on the Ask This Old House Hour).

• Upvote 2

Maybe Melinda Metzger, but other than that. the concept doesn't work, because it has been adequately demonstrated that most in charge here don't know what they are doing, and probably would not be interested in learning anything from the rank and file. In Melinda's case, the "undercover" part doesn't work because pretty much everyone knows who she is.

Seriously, does anyone envision Claypool at a lubrication station at a garage? Or even going along with Kevin O'Connor of Ask This Old House for a tour of the wheel lathe (they are still playing that as filler on the Ask This Old House Hour).

Or Claypool drivng the 151 Sheridan I would love to watch that.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Arthur/Clark all the way to Union Station and back. No Belmont/Halsted short liners! :lol:

Probably would just head south on Clark and decide to go home at 4300 North, regardless of that he was supposed to make a left at Devon and drive into the Lake.

Look at the Canadian version of Undercover boss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp79qjK20tM this is the head if the TCC.

Now former head of TTC. She's running for mayor against the crack smoking incumbent.

Note that the closest she gets to operating anything is a simulator, which would probably also be the case for any hypothetical Chicago episode.

• Upvote 3

Note that the closest she gets to operating anything is a simulator, which would probably also be the case for any hypothetical Chicago episode.

Does CTA even have simulators? Where did Brittney Haywood get her training?

Getting back to the prior debate on whether LRVs are deadly instruments, it probably is a plus that she didn't get behind the controller of one, since Toronto is apparently the only major city in Canada (or the U.S.) that still has a street running system, as opposed to one primarily on dedicated right of way, and thus she could have crushed a lot of automobiles.

Now former head of TTC. She's running for mayor against the crack smoking incumbent.

That shows another difference. While some private businesses are run by bean counters (consider stuff like Sears Holdings), some President of McDonalds flipped a burger, for instance. Karen Stintz was running TTC only because it is a city agency, and she is a City Councillor, apparently no different than Rob Ford or anyone else in a parliamentary form of government. She was the chairman, anyway, not the executive director.

So, basically, you have some politician, not a transit professional. Although Claypool isn't a transportation professional, the analogy here would be to Terry Peterson or Tom Tunney driving a bus. Now, maybe Tom Tunney once did bake a sticky bun, and might know something about that business.

• Upvote 2

The WGN Noon News had a story on a press conference about cameras where Rahm let Forrest say something, but Forrest's arm was in a sling. Since it was reportedly at Kimball, did Forrest drive a train into the barrier short of Lawrence Ave.?

How about Claypool and Emanuel can keep him company cleaning the train cars that are being use for a bathroom.

I think Emanuel has to drive his own car first, and fire his drivers who keep getting picked up by the red light and speed cams.

However, I wonder how speed cams catch anyone, since it was impossible to drive over 5 m.p.h. in the areas where I passed them over the weekend, and the well marked speed limits were 20.

Also, Claypool appears to be such a fraidy cat that he probably would have to wear a full body condom to do what you suggest. I remember when excreta was just that, not assumed to be toxic waste.

I think Emanuel has to drive his own car first, and fire his drivers who keep getting picked up by the red light and speed cams.

However, I wonder how speed cams catch anyone, since it was impossible to drive over 5 m.p.h. in the areas where I passed them over the weekend, and the well marked speed limits were 20.

Also, Claypool appears to be such a fraidy cat that he probably would have to wear a full body condom to do what you suggest. I remember when excreta was just that, not assumed to be toxic waste.

Unfortunately in today's time of HIV and the list of new diseases that seem to crop up each time you turn on the news that can be hit the body pretty hard, the toxic waste treatment has to be done to err on the side of caution in protecting the public and the personnel responsible for cleaning it.