Pace: United Center Express

jesi2282

It looks like Pace will finally begin express service to United Center (aka Madison Stadium) for Bulls, Blackhawks and concerts.

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/espd/madison_stadium_express.asp

If I'm not mistaking, wasn't there a Pace route that went there over 20 years ago???

As far as 285 from NWTC, nothing new. Buffalo Grove and Bolingbrook may be new, though.

Even though the "Chicago Stadium" (the actual name before the current stadium replaced the old one and United got naming rights) name hasn't been used for a bit over two decades, I'm curious as to Pace's hesitance at using the actual name of the stadium served by the express services in this instance when all the other ESPD routes serving local sports arenas use that venue's name in the name of the route. I know it's a minor detail but I'm still curious about the slight change of naming strategy here.

Even though the "Chicago Stadium" (the actual name before the current stadium replaced the old one and United got naming rights) name hasn't been used for a bit over two decades, I'm curious as to Pace's hesitance at using the actual name of the stadium served by the express services in this instance when all the other ESPD routes serving local sports arenas use that venue's name in the name of the route. ...

Probably United Airlines didn't pay Pace for the use of its name, but that wouldn't explain U.S. Cellular, Allstate, or Toyota Park. Update: Or maybe some companies are more hardnosed about licensing.

The more notable thing is that several years ago, they dropped the team names (285 used to be Bulls) but maybe that was to meet the charter regulations.

Putting this together with whether Pace could use Bus on Shoulder for the Wrigley Express, while clearly 285 and 286 will use whatever NW has available, the question is whether 287 will use the BOS buses, since it is essentially route 755.

The Eldorkos (and Leased buses) from South have been used for White Sox service in the past, but since SW is likely running the service and not Heritage, the point is almost moot.

The Eldorkos (and Leased buses) from South have been used for White Sox service in the past, but since SW is likely running the service and not Heritage, the point is almost moot.

I don't know if you can assume it, since it starts in Bolingbrook.

Heritage is closed on Sundays. (See 775)

Good point. However, I wonder about whether its drivers would want the work and whether there would be flack if a bus gets stuck on the expressway (although less likely on a weekend). But that is undoubtedly the reason why Pace has shown pictures of Orion VIs on the Sox routes.

• 1 month later...