They're Here (30 ft ElDorado low floors THE 2600s)

pace2322

The new ElDorados have found their way to Northwest. I spotted 2707 at the Mt Prospect Metra station at 5:00 pm today running (parked) on the 694.
I'll have to check it out. Last I saw, 2290 was covering that. Not much time, if Doomsday comes for it on Dec. 3.

As far as I am concerned, 2700s could cover a lot of NW routes (given the number on the doomsday endangered list, for instance). The really heavy ones are only 208, 223, 250, 270, and 290. Most North Shore routes use them interchangeably.

• 2 weeks later...

The new ElDorados have found their way to Northwest. I spotted 2707 at the Mt Prospect Metra station at 5:00 pm today running (parked) on the 694.

Saw 2704 there on the a.m. run. I should have taken the hint from "parked at the station" that it was the morning one; the afternoon run sits on a side street. The last I looked (about a week ago) 2290 was covering that.

Saw 2704 there on the a.m. run. I should have taken the hint from "parked at the station" that it was the morning one; the afternoon run sits on a side street. The last I looked (about a week ago) 2290 was covering that.

Actually when I saw 2707 that day, it was in the afternoon. It was parked on the street by the drug store. That is the drop off/pick up point for the Metra station. Had I known you were around this morning , I would have got myself out, dropped my wife off at the station and met up with you for some Caribou !!! Someday, maybe.

• 1 month later...
I was schocked today when I spotted 2635 pulling in to the Skokie Swift Station on #626, the bus was jammed packed.
Also (if you took down the right number), it is the bus that was supposed to go to Highland Park and had the accident on the tollway. (The caveat is that I have had numeric dyslexia, and it is kind of hard to see the numbers in the dark. However, even if it was 2653, that would be surprising for 626.)

I'll have to check it out. Last I saw, 2290 was covering that. Not much time, if Doomsday comes for it on Dec. 3.

As far as I am concerned, 2700s could cover a lot of NW routes (given the number on the doomsday endangered list, for instance). The really heavy ones are only 208, 223, 250, 270, and 290. Most North Shore routes use them interchangeably.

Northwest has been getting quite few of them. They shipped #2289 and 2290 over to Academy and we might get #2378 and possibly a few more Orions from NW. I spotted #2641 and 2647 in Niles today along with Nabi # 2431 on the Route 272.

• 3 weeks later...
I was schocked today when I spotted 2635 pulling in to the Skokie Swift Station on #626, the bus was jammed packed.
Using Webwatch as explained yesterday, 2635 showed up on 576, which is a North Shore route. So, it ended up in North Shore, as jesi indicated, not Highland Park. Also, it looks like 626 is being exclusively run with 6200s, today.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Maybe time flies more than we think, but Pace has a requisition up for replacement remanufactured engines for 2006 Eldorados. I guess it has been 6 years, although only the Aurora ones actually entered service in 2006.

Quantity is 90-101, so probably does cover all (but 1) of the 2006 order.