They're Here (30 ft ElDorado low floors THE 2600s)

pace2322

2650 is now at North Shore in service. Also 2687 is at south holland.

In posts 3793 and 3800 you had it assigned to Niles, but not yet delivered. Unless North Shore is temporarily running a bus painted for Niles, please try to get the story straight. (To be fair, post 3998 said 2649.)

No, it isn't a great day unless a band new bus is involved in a 37-vehicle pileup.

Five 355s together? What, did y'all stop and get coffee or something? There's no excuse for this! Read the RedEye sometime; passengers think the bus should be on time especially when it's cold outside!

Five 355s together?
It depends on the time of day. If it was going from Chicago to Lansing, they could have been all stuck on the Dan Ryan. Also, the south suburbs got the heavier snowfall. Of course, I wasn't there.... (the last time I rode the 355 was when 700s and 8200s were on the route, and we had to walk over the state line from Hammond into Calumet City).

2651 and 2652 are in service at North Shore now.
Seen today on 7 and 627 Shuttle Bugs respectively.

A few other notes:

• 632 and 634 are usually El Dorados, were 2285 and 2507 today, so still some to be replaced. The question is how many of the Shuttle Bugs will continue to be operated with full size buses.
  • 631 is now Discover Wolters Klr instead of Discover and CCH. Seems like Pace can reprogram a sign pretty quickly when a corporate sponsor's name changes, but not to make the signs consistent (i.e. Shuttle Bug 7 was 7 and not 639).

Today saw a 1920 pulling into the Niles Public Library parking lot and stopping at the Library door. While I told the person I had dropped off to take it home, I can understand how there could be a problem with the 2600s being too big for that application.

2697 is now at South Holland.
5 more to go, confirming that there were more than the base contract of 96. Let us know if it gets to 2703, which would be more than press reports, but not unexpected from Pace (i.e they announced only 42 6600s; also, at that time, 6228 was unexpected, because the order was 71 and at that time the last Orion VI was 6155, as 6156-6161 didn't appear until 2004). Also, they may get all 102 by March 2007, but probably won't get them on the road by then.

Apparently not being deployed in strict numerical order, as Highland Park still has a couple of 6600s, and North Shore some 2500s (take that, you compulsives :angry: ).

A totally irrelevant aside: If Pace doesn't have bus numbers ending in 13 for superstitious reasons, how about 2666 (or even 6666 for that matter)? :o

• 2 weeks later...